I've got a big big problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by servigrup, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. servigrup

servigrup Registered Member

Acronis 9.1 ES build 3854.

I made a backup in a Tape Wednesday, saving my 2 volumes on server (c and d), Thursday a database was broken cause a bad operation of an user. I began to recover it yesterday. A nightmare. To arrive to the file (navigating in the tree) has been 24 hours. Now a 70.000.000 bytes file claims to take to recover 15 days !!!!!!. Can I do something o_O It's a very big problem for me.

Thks for your help
    Miguel

2. servigrup

I forgot to say the unit is a Quantum DLT VS 160

3. techtype

techtype Registered Member

Have you tried a BartPE CD, you may have to add the appropriate drivers. Chances are, it will be much faster.

4. servigrup

Thanks a lot, finally I can restore the file merging and old version with the damaged one.

I've got one thing clear. Acronis is impossible love. ~Off topic comments removed - Ron~

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  5. techtype

techtype Registered Member

Thanks for letting us know, I thought we could beat 15 days. LOL :)

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It's not ATI itself that is hard to love; it's those cursed Linux drivers used onthe Boot CD. Those Linux drivers are definitely ATI's weekness, it's Achilles heel, and possibly it's eventual downfall. The BartPE work around, generally, but not always, works. However, it's an awkward DIY workaround to have to go through -- and redo each time there's an update. It's better for the more experienced than the average user.

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You sure have that right! BartPE is not a great solution for the general public, I imagine it is not a bad solution for many TI users because most of the general public doesn't back up OSs, just data files, if even that.

One of my favorite uses of TI is to quickly image/restore my system for software testing purposes. The need to boot up a BartPE CD reduces the speed and increases the annoyance. Fortunately, I have had no problems with the TI Linux environment.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello servigrup,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that a disk/partition image is taken on disk sector basis, not filesystem. Therefore, if a file is fragmented on the drive, it will be fragmented in the image as well. With the specifics of tape storage it may result in very long restoration times for separate files if a file is severely fragmented, as the tape will have to rewind to pieces of the file located in different parts of the image.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly?

Please try copying the backup to another storage device and see if the issue persists.

Please clarify if you encounter the issue under Windows or using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

If it is under Windows:

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If it is using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media:

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post and see if the issue persists.

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.