I've got a big, big problem with your diamondCS port explorer 1.8!!! pleaze help.

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by skywalker_luc, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

After installing PE you must reboot.. it installed a driver and wont work properly until you do reboot !

Your problems should go away once you do so :)

2. skywalker_luc

skywalker_luc Registered Member

ok...that might be my probelm....but maybe it is another.,...i don't really know....i will uninstall PE now and look what happens...................

on every server is this problem....and it cannot be a firewall problem because when i deactivated it and the problem doesn'tdisappeared......so it can't be the firewall...maybe it is why i didn't reboot my pc ater insatlling PE

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Now finally REBOOT please!
    and tell us the results. What's your problem with rebooting your system? It's not hurting, it's not dangerous, it's not killing, so what is the problem?
    After uninstalling Port Explorer you have to reboot too, btw.

4. skywalker_luc

skywalker_luc Registered Member

:'( so..hi at all again...sorry for writing so late the second time....but now i've got a new problem:
    i have allready uninstalled PE and i "really REBOOTED" my system! but now i haven't got an internet connection. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

i don't now wat's up with this problem but i really made all what you said.
    but i rebooted my system and then, after logging in into windows, there comes an error!
    i write it in german so maybe one of the members in this orum can translate it in english:

"ccApp.exe hat ein problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden.

Klicken sie hier, wenn sie mehr informationen zu ihrem problembericht bekommen möchten.

Schließen"

this might sounds like that:
    =>"ccApp.exe detects a problem and must be closed/shut down/finished(?).

click here for more information of your problemreport.

Close"

and after i looked into the problemreport i saw that this was the same error i had when i installed PE. you all know now that i didn't restarted my system so the same problem came up! I didn't had an internet connection for some time. but after 2 more restarts my internet connection worked again(?) /"funktionierte wieder". i uninstalled my Norton Perosnal Firewall and my Norton Antivirus 2004 Pro. because this file (ccApp.exe) is a file to enter the inetrnet for this program i think. but after uninstalling these programs it didn't work "bzw." the internet connection does not work.
    Now i don't know what to do....and when there is nobody to help me now, i will defrag my hdd's and install windows again....
    ths is no big problem but it needs much time (maybe 2 or 3 days, how much time i've got) but it's really better to know whta the reaosn of the problem is to kill it, because i really want to install PE again. this probelmn is a good one...it's really good. all connections are shown....
    :doubt:

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

un-intalling Norton might not have been a good idea as that leaves the system in most cases rather messy and more problematic.

I'm not sure about the condition on your system at the moment.
    A siple defrag might have been sufficient to get rid of your original problems and put everything back in place, but now i just don't know how it is.

Do the defrag of the HD anyway, which is only putting things in place.
    I would not get back to a windows re-install.
    You are using windows XP, can't you go back to an older system restore point from just before installing Port Explorer?
    From that older restore point defrag, then close all norton firewal and all scanners you have, so get off internet, install Port Explorer, reboot,
    fire up the norton firewall and whatever you want to get to internet, and look how it goes then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.