I've been on this forum for 10 years:

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by apathy, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Socio

Socio Registered Member

I remember when I built a new PC and installed my first AV , Norton anti-virus, I even remember getting it off the shelf at a store called Eggheads I believe, and I was and thinking my computer was going to be invincible after I installed this. The only thing I got was a slowed down PC and infected 2-3 times causing me to have to reinstall the OS and apps.

Looking for answers I found Wilder's and some of the most impressive minds with regards to AV, fiirewalls and virus protection, they made store clerks I talked to sound absolutely freaking clueless, I was blown away from what all I was able to learn

Following the advice I was given here I ended up tossing Norton in the trash and and getting Kaspersky 3.5 Pro and running it with a firewall called Outpost which had a pretty good learning curve, but again had a lot of help here and I have been learning more here ever since. :thumb:

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I was brought here by AV also. It was ESET support forum that I was mostly using at beginning (remember Nod32 v 2.7?) but later started to use other products discussed on this forum (Process guard, firewalls...). I learned a lot abut security just by browsing through this forums and testing different security products. Using this forum was great experience so far. :thumb:

3. mekelek

mekelek Registered Member

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I just realised it's almost ten years for me. :eek:

I can't remember what exactly bought me here, something to do with Norton I believe. :rolleyes:

5. kls490

kls490 Registered Member

FWIW, I registered here via a link to this forum in the now-defunct Outpost Security Forums, back when I was using Outpost Security Suite Pro. Reference to these forums & topics posted here were often made by other members in the OP Forums.

Cheers everyone!

6. Tunerz

Tunerz Registered Member

I haven't realized I've been here for 11 years. I'm mostly a lurker. I remember the days about HIPS recommendations during XP-era and the scramble to get the best anti-spyware and firewall there is in the market. One time Wilders was made as the official ESET forum which was amazing. Learned tons of things here which helped me stay safe and secure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.