It's official: Facebook files for $5 billion IPO

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

When i first read 100 billion a few days ago i though they were crazy. Now it's much more reasonable at 5 billion. (And still a bit high IMO)

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I won't be investing.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

nor will i. personally i hate facebook and will never use it at all. and i know im not the only person i know that feels that way..

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

There's simply no way you should invest in such things anyway. Facebook is an "it" thing, things that are "it" come and go. if you want to feel the pain that many felt during the dot com death in a few years, be my guest. Facebook will be a Myspace eventually.

6. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

People have invested too much time into facebook organizing pictures etc. It won't be going anywhere for a long time.

7. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Hungry..you can do better than that :D People are fickle, you know that and I know that. All Google+ had to do was not decide it wanted things Google's way or the highway with the "naming" fiasco, and be better organized with better features, it could have been the next Facebook. Facebook is as popular as it is simply because it's really the only one out there. Any others are too small or have too little benefit to be competition.

And, really, all one has to do to argue against your point is bring up Myspace.

8. guest

guest Guest

Easy to use tools/apps that migrate/copy your whole profile with albums, pics etc from one social network to another are very popular.

9. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Yeah, it's not exactly hard or time consuming to set up a rather nice looking Facebook page.

10. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Even if it was a sure thing, I wouldn't invest in it. I refuse to support or invest in something I don't agree with, like social networks. Won't be clicking on the "like" button either, but then I don't see them anyway. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.