It's a big shame.......

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Big Apple, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

This works to stop the incoming multiple tags in Outlook 2007 on Vista. It does however disable the tagging of mail sent. Is there a way to tag outgoing mail without the integration? Thanks for your help Marcos

2. Access Denied

Before the above post/fix, I got double every time, sometimes triple, lol.

Outlook 2007 in Vista Business here. *puppy*

3. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Like I said before: "It's a big shame......"

4. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

its not big and its not a shame. do u really expected that such a complex software like an anti-virus is, to work on all system configurations worldwide without ANY problems? cmon thats impossible dont u think? i myself just reverted back to v2.7 because v3 was using too much cpu for my taste, and u know what im not angry at nobody or disappointed with nobody. People just need time to sort out bugs etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2007
  5. Big Apple

It's complicated, that's for sure......but don't release it before the complications are worked out properly, that's all.
    You may know......if too many alterations are needed, I'm beginning to doubt whether I'm secure enough, that's my main concern, no more.....no less.

6. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

yes u r right but how many time do they have to wait for all bugs to be reported? this way they never release anything.
    its allways good to practice safe surfing. u can allways ask yourself if u are secure enough but that will not solve anything because u can never be 100% sure that u are safe :)

7. CtlAltDelete

CtlAltDelete Registered Member

8 months in beta isn't enough time to find these GLARING bugs!

8. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

cmon people come back to earth. how many millions are using this software without problems?
    8 months is nothing because not everyone intalls beta software. i know people that dont even know that software is updated from time to time and i am coming to the conclusion that this is the majority.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2007
  9. Big Apple

I bet there are thousands, that don't even know about the problems, because they just install and never look at any configurations or possibilities and maybe don't even know what this program does or should do. There are enough complaints here, to admit there's something sour and I keep on saying.....DON'T RELEASE until it's really READY.
    If the tagging problem was confirmed during BETA, why not beta till this is cleared up? It's not the most important bug.....I know, but it needs fixed, same as all other bugs.
    When using Outlook Express with XP, it even happens, that the mailbody is completely EMPTY and attachments are removed. This is a very BIG BUG and not normal. Period! It's fine confirming this problem, but 3 weeks later....it's still the same and I don't hear anything anymore. NO GOOD! Not for me anyway.

10. poutine

poutine Registered Member

I guess it depends how far they have their heads stuck in the sand and dont know how to check for bugs, i have found and reported 3 different bugs in build 566 and NOD32 Development have acknowledged that im right and that they exist, so if users report no problems its because they dont do much in the way of checking on their systems to find any conflicts or errors in the Program. ;)

11. interstate ron

interstate ron Registered Member

Too many bugs. Back to Dr. Web period!

12. JimGoo

JimGoo Guest

Are you able to give an example of a top-tier AV program released recently that was NOT without its problems early on? Certainly not the good DrWeb. (I am a paid license owner of same, and I can tell you it's been on and off my Vista Ultimate machine already).

So, be worried if you must, but keep in mind that most users of "new" versions of AV programs also share your concern.

13. Big Apple

:thumb: ;)

14. Big Apple

Don't care about other programs, this is the Nod forum, which I have used for a long time, without any real glitches and now I want to use the new version....which is being sold and I cannot use it the way I want to.

What if you buy a complete different product, let's say a bread toaster and coming home.....it does not do what it should do. Do you give the manufacturer months and months of time to get it working the way it really should? No.....I bet you ask your money back! But with this we all have to understand.....have patience and be considerate?

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

BA, just what is it not doing right?

16. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Folks,

This is the NOD32 support forum, not a platform to air you alternate personal preferences.

If the current release of NOD32/ESS V3 doesn't fit your needs or displays stability problems on your machine, report the issue and take any subsequent action that you deem appropriate - which could certainly span anything from rolling back to NOD32 V2.7 (if possible) to employing an alternate solution. Everyone is quite well aware of the alternate commercial options, so there's no need to clog this thread with that known information.

Blue

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Damn, just got my first email since putting it back on and the following was at the bottom. Hell the email was only 3 words.:thumbd:

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 2678 (20071122) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

part000.txt - is OK
    part001.htm - is OK

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 2678 (20071122) __________

Email message - is OK
    Email message - is OK

Email message - is OK
    Email message - is OK

18. Access Denied

Go to page 3 at the bottom. Marcos posted a workaround until they get it fixed.

19. Big Apple

Here we go again.....I was waiting for that. Amen! Sorry for clogging......maybe better not to stay annoyed so long! Bye!
    Maybe somebody can notify me when everything is ok?

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thank you Eliot, this is page 3. Are you talking about this thread.

21. Access Denied

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It was on page 2 but I dont either understand it or cant use it. I like HiTechs recomendation of choosing the first option in protocol filtering and I think that keeps me from doing what he says. I mean it isnt a issue to me, because it will be fixed. Its issues like this, that after Eset is notified should die till fix. The big ones you want to push should be anything that involves detection.

23. Access Denied

Check the following area:

Attached Files:

• NOD.JPG
      NOD.JPG
      File size:
      43 KB
      Views:
  24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

so I use Outlook 2007 and that is the one I should uncheck, and thank you for your help.:)

25. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

Was enough Beta testing done?

Seems a little odd to launch a product with loads of problems, especially those which are really basic, like config options missing from RA Console. It feels like not enough beta testing has been done...

Anyone else thinking the same thing?

I know it's new software and yes there will be teething problems, but I'm talking about things that have been missed out completely and problems which cause machines to stop working properly altogether, such as the issue with Roaming Profiles that I and another customer are having.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.