It's a big shame.......

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Big Apple, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

So here is my rule for installing new versions of any security App. Wait 1 month then if no great problems are still being reported give it a try. Lets face it I could install this without fear as I have FDISR so it is not very hard to return to the old version. I did use the BETA. Sometimes they worked other times not that well but no disasters. I am totally puzzled by the problems others are reporting but wonder if the difference is that so many customers have so many configurations that ESET never considered in the development of this new AV. I am sure they are working on these reports & will address them in a future release. The only reason I used the BETA in the first place was to see how it worked in a Virtual Machine. Perhaps this is the problem, A lot of people tested in VMs & not in the real environment of a home computer. The comments above about other AVs are in fact accurate nothing works perfectly its just that when the average home user installs a new release they expect perfection. Even when 2.7 is installed sometimes people experience problems. I could only imagine the result of my wifes EMail not working after 3.0 was installed. People, if 2.7 works for you just wait a little while 3 will work down the road.

2. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Also I am surprised very negative and give Big Apple right. Ever I saw such a wobbly product of ESET. The removal of nose goes very sluggishly forward and I is surprised much that the products do not run cleanly yet. If here somewhat positively does not move as soon as possible, also I will give up NOD after now many years.

Only one example, the error with Outlooks express starting still exists with me.

In addition also the newest EAV development is never distant far to recognize the things the NOD well recognized. NOD largest weakness with the recognition is nevertheless well-known. Why does ESET undertake here nothing? NOD is one of the best virus scanners. But if ESET thereby makes advertisement, NOD protects also before Spyware etc. should this also tune and only a Solala thing not be. NOD is always noticeable with tests by the same weaknesses. Did not improve yet much. Is intended?

3. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

i dont think its a shame. u cant expect perfect working software from day one, well u can hope but thats impossible. look at how many people use this product and how few post problems. compare this forum to other products forums and u will see what i mean.

4. Steel

Steel Registered Member

I meant past NOD in the direct comparison with version run those the V 3 so far wobbliest.

I did not experience it of ESET ever (fortunately) that they went with such a result to the public. Me it is unexplainable why this mark.

Really disappointed I am however over the fact that NOD has after like before almost all old however well-known weaknesses. How can be sowas?

5. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

I have the same problem with mail tag: there are two sides to it: first, the mail component of NOD or ESS scans tha mail and tags it, then, if it accepts scans from other modules then there's another tag and finally, after a new update in signatures when you re open the mail there is another tag, it is really annoying, when I have more time I'll post a screen shot for everyone to see.... I have sent a report to Eset but no answer yet.
    As for the problems with ESS, I keep getting disconected from the web for no apparent reason, I disable the firewall and it's all back up and running, so it is not Vista/XP's fault but NOD, I also did send a report and ... yes.... NOTHING!!!

6. MasterTB

Well while this is partially true, I really think there is something wrong with NOD. There are lots of files that used to be included in that grey area of Potentially dangerous ... that are not detected anymore. One is the infamous NOD32fix that used to extend the trial od nod forever just by tweaking 2 simple registry keys... that file was included in the heuristics of NOD 2.7 and detected, but V3 does not catch it anymore, what more proof do you need??

7. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Don't forget that this forum is not the only way to report a problem, how about CCS email, Phone, and your locale reseller.There are now to many different pages with questions and remarks, to filter everthing to sort out the problems is hard.

I already made a Suggestion, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=190460

Bugs
    Changelog
    Pending list

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That file has never been detected by heuristics, maybe you meant a generic signature. Have you checked that file at VirusTotal ? The only reason why your ESS/EAV didn't pick it up is that you had potentially unsafe applications disabled. If you are positive the file was not detected with PUA enabled, please send it in a password protected archive to samples[at]eset.com with this thread's url in the subject.

9. MasterTB

Marcos, Please Don't tell me what my ESS cathes or not, you are not in my computer, Nod32fix is a well known program (you can get it even with Google) maybe It was not detected by Heuristics but by a Generic Signature, but the truth is that ver 2.7 did catch it and ESS EAV3 does not. I do have potentially unsafe apps detection enabled and I did look for it at virustotal.
    If I say what I did In my post is because I used 2.7 and now I'm with ESS and with 2.7 there was no way I could even download Nod32Fix but ESS does not bother me about that file, maybe because it does not work with ESS but it does not tell me so... do the check yourself and you'll see.

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Come on!

The onliest NOD32 fix that is detected by all ESET products is fix version 2.2 . No other version is detected . There are other things that are used for crack which are also detected and there is a reason for this . See yourself:

The VT report shows scan of NOD32 fix Nsane 2.1
    File NOD32.FiX.v2.1-nsane.exe received on 11.20.2007 21:24:36 (CET)
    NOD32v2 2673 2007.11.20 -

Attached Files:

11. Woody777

OK I decided to find out what all the fuss is about. I installed the latest version of 3 & installed Comodos new firewall. Everything works great. Outlook express, uTorrent Proxy servers Browsers everything. I now have a very nice AV A Great firewall & HIPS. I also installed Boclean no problems. So I have no problem with this AV I'm sorry you guys do.

12. poutine

poutine Registered Member

On what O.S ?? Vista or XP ??

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

The time has come to let Eset work out any issues with their "legit" customers here and lets get the issues resolved. So all of the so called "Plants" can fade away and concentrate on your own products. Keep in mind, it is easy to take pot shots at the folks at the top, but be ready to have your own bullet proof vest ready when the time comes.:gack:

14. Woody777

I use XP. Have been using it for a few hours now. No Problems. On the other hand if you are using Vista well that might be a different matter. NOD seems to work fine but the Firewall wow now that is some software.

15. reddice

reddice Registered Member

I don't really have any problems with version 3 except a couple of websites that load very slow. They load fast on my mothers old XP machine using the same connection so it is not my connection.

16. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

Give ESET folks a few days more to fix its v3.0, am sure they can come up with a better patch/revisions.

One bad scratch doesn't mean lousy merchandise thou. I do trust products from top-tier developers and ESET was one of them... so give them a benefit of the doubt.
    ;)

17. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Here Here! lets have some more positive posts!

Nod 32 v3.0 works with comodo Firewall Pro V3.0

18. tsherr

tsherr Registered Member

I've been running NOD AV 3.0 with no problems at all on my XP laptop. I just uninstalled 2.7 and installed 3.0. I don't use Outlook or OE, and I've never been a fan of suites, so I didn't try the full suite, but perhaps I should. I'm not saying that the problems people are having are in their imagination, but I'm not sure that I'd go so far as to say that 3.0 doesn't work - it clearly does.

T

19. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

How hard can it be to remove multiple tags in emails? I mean, c'mon now.

20. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you use ESET Antivirus and receive email via POP3 only, you can disable integration with OE as a workaround. The email received via POP3 will be scanned anyway as it is enabled by default in the Email protection/POP3 setup. Could you try it to see if it helps? This is preferable to disabling POP3 scanning completely and leaving only the OE plugin enabled.

21. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Is the double tagging always there, I mean in every mail? In my case, it had to do with the receiving/scanningspeed of my incoming mail. A short quick message....just one tag, as soon as receiving took longer than, say 10 seconds......double, sometimes even triple tagging was there. And all this only happened in Vista Windows Mail, no problem at all with Thunderbird.

22. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Twice I received an answer from Eset, that this was going to be fixed very soon, so I assume, that Eset knows what's causing the problem, but still no fix!

23. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

The problem about multiple tags that I reported, did not only apply to Outlook Express but also with Outlook 2003 under XP.

24. Steel

Steel Registered Member

And this Problem " fix on start Outlook Express multiple times" still exists on my machine. I'm using Build 566.

o_O

25. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Of course they know . It does happen on their machines. They will fix it , don't worry , I also got confirmation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.