IT2009: Rescanning usb and cardreader after restore?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Forellenblau, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

I just made a test backup and restore with the new TI 2009. Unfortunately my WinXP Pro was not working properly after restore: All my usb stuff incl. my cardreader was scanned again and all the drives got other drive letters :-(

OK, i'll not use the new version until this problem is solved.

Forellenblau

2. country2

country2 Registered Member

there is a work around by deleting some stuff in the registry a few posts down or maybe a page or two by now but its as follows:

Find the following branches:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters (PartMgr tdrpman140 snapman380)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters (VolSnap tdrpman140 snapman380 timounter)
    Please delete tdrpman140 values from the registry

3. Forellenblau

Thanks.
    What about the rescue disc? I did the restore with it.

When i change the reg-keys in Windows, will it change also something in the resuce disk?

Forellenblau

4. como

como Registered Member

If you search for Card reader you will find that it is the installation of TI 2009 that causes the problem, as the rescue disk is Linux based I don't believe that any reg keys are written to the disk

5. Forellenblau

Thanks!

I did backup and restore from the rescue disk. In this case the problem still exists and cannot be solved because the rescue disk is linux-based and - like you wrote - no reg-keys are written in the bootdisk.
    So i cannot use this program :mad:

Forellenblau

6. como

como Registered Member

If you backup AFTER altering the reg keys you can then restore that image with the alterations intact

7. Forellenblau

Oh, thanks, now i understand :)

8. paracanary

paracanary Registered Member

After I installed home 2009 on vista 64, my usb card reader didn't show up in explorer. I have vmware with a virtual windows xp installed so I tried that and I can read write to my usb card reader in a virtual windows xp with vista 64 as a host with home 2009 installed in Vista 64. So if you want a $200 work around then this is it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.