it shouldn't be this hard

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by larryb52, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

over all my years using ESET it had been good an I've felt protected & that I bought a solid program & had minimal problems with it...but I have to say the past couple years with ESS 3 & 4 that they have been anything but easy. I actually thought going to 4 from 3 would be almost a seemless step & it should of been as they should of learned from mistakes in 3 & made 4 better. But I'm tired of jumping through hoops to make software do what it was 'suppose' to be designed & 'tested' for. FWIW before people take a swipe at me the sofware is run by itself as the only security solution on my machines so no nothing to interfer with installing running or what have you. All I can say is ESET should be ashamed. I have a brand new computer 2 weeks old & I had to remove software manually yesterday , I would expect that from a company with far less experience than ESET. I also am surprised at the lack of a fix for v4 in SP2 vista & to say to drop back to a prior version is not what I pay for. I'm sorry for sounding off but I paid for 3 licenses & none are in use & I just had to vent , sorry about that...

2. markcc

markcc Registered Member

I understand where you are coming from. I had used Nod for years in the past, I really liked the 2.xx versions. I had some problems with 3.0 & had to stop using it. It took me a longtime to find something I was happy with & I had tried many a/v's. I don't like to keep changing my set-up all the time, I usually stick with what works for me & it was really really hard for me to find a replacement.

Having said that, I sure many people are using Nod without any problems to speak of & are happy. It was just time for me to move on to something else.

3. SBMongoos

SBMongoos Registered Member

What are you guys considering or using instead of Eset?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since this is a dedicated support forum for Eset, those type questions and\or discussion would be off topic to this forums purpose.

Bubba

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.