IT Echo Server Scheduler -- Not working, need help please!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kimcoit, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimcoit

kimcoit Registered Member

Hi, I'm running TI Echo Server 9.7 build 8353.

Scheduler is making me want to kill myself. It's always been flakey at best, but now it's just terrible.

My problem is with pre- and post-backup commands. When I upgraded to this build, the pre and post commands stopped accepting command line parameters. Even worse, uninstalling the programming and backrevving to a previous build still exhibited this error, even though parameters worked fine on the previous build before.

Now, the "post" command is failing to run, at all. Even though the backup log file states that the post command ran just fine, which is a lie. So TI is not only screwing up, but lying to me about it!

I am so through with Acronis Scheduler. I've never seen a more unreliable piece of software in my life.

If someone can tell me what the heck is wrong and how to fix it, great.

Otherwise, can someone please just tell me how to run a .TIS script file from a normal batch file that I can schedule using Windows Scheduled Tasks?

Thanks. Sorry for the rant, but my level of frustration with Acronis Scheduler is absolutely through the roof.

2. kimcoit

kimcoit Registered Member

Yeah, never mind. I got it to work again.

I had to use schedmgr.exe to blow away all the phantom tasks that were haunting me.

Once I then recreated my tasks, the pre- and post-backup commands are working fine, and even picking up parameters again.

Just another example of crazy voodoo that needs to be done in order to get Acronis Scheduler to actually work.

Good god almighty, is Acronis Scheduler the most ridiculously bad piece of software ever written, or what? :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.