Issues with CD Writer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aigle, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

In the past I have used CD writer on my friends, desktop/ laptop and if I needed to write some file on CD, I just used to do copy and paste and after that write these files to CD.

Recently I bought my own laptop and I noticed that I can't do copy and paste on my laptop, it will not except this command.( May be I have disabled some running services). Each time I will have to open Record Now( my CD burning software) and only through it, I can write any file to CD. Another problem is that after I have written even a small file on CD by Record Now, I can't write anyother file alongside the previous file. Although the previous file is small but my disk will appear all occupied. Is this a software issue or hardware? I mean I need to upgrade my CD room or CD burning software?
    I will be thankful for the help.

2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I thought copy/paste was only possible with packet writing, like DirectCD (Roxio) and InCD (Nero).

4. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Make sure the burner has CD recording enabled. Right click on the drive then properties-record-enable recording for this drive. See if that`ll work for ya.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Ya it was disabled( may be RecordNow has done it). I enabled it and will see now how it works?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.