Issue with the new "outlook backup" feature

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Zeal, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeal

Zeal Registered Member

Hi all,
    I've read the user guide already...

Here is the scenario.

Before reinstalling Outlook 2003, I did a full backup (outlook.tib, 86.5MB) using the new "outlook backup" feature with the default settings. Later, I used the Restore Data Wizard to recover my outlook details (mails, contacts etc) and it said "The operation was successfully completed".

Yet when I checked, my inbox folder and contacts were still empty. o_O
    I'm using Acronis True Image 10 (build 4871) by the way.

Can somebody kindly throw light on this?

Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

There seems to be a problem with the Outlook backup. It might be to do with a known Microsoft problem with the DLL that other programs hook into or it might not, Acronis have yet to confirm or deny this problem.

I don't have v10, hence this question, is the name outlook.tib the default one or is one you've made up? There is a post around here somewhere, where it was discovered that leaving the default name caused TI 10 to act strangely.

Colin

3. Zeal

Zeal Registered Member

Thanks for your prompt reply, the filename is made up.

4. Zeal

Zeal Registered Member

I've read on other threads that many others are also having problems with the outlook backup feature. However I just want to reiterate that in my case, it did not produce any error whatsoever, it "seemed" that everything was done successfully, but apparently not.

Another thing is assuming Acronis will fix this issue, will there be any chance of my backups being restored or can I safely delete the backup file and build my fresh list of contact details?

I intend to submit a request of technical support with the help of this post, can somebody kindly give me the green light?

Thanks.

5. Zeal

Zeal Registered Member

Somebody? :(

6. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Registered Member

I am one of those that it does not work for so I don't have any suggestions for you on how to get it to work. You certainly don't need a green light from anyone on the forum to enter a trouble ticket. You paid for the product so you are entitled to support for the product. If you don't want to wait to see if it is corrected with the next patch then do what you want to do.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Zeal,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the information described in the post of mine you have mentioned related to the errors during the backup procedure. The issue you have experienced differs from that problem. Therefore, could you please describe the issue in more details?

- Did you delete the Outlook 2003 e-mail account prior to the restoration?

- Did you restore the whole image content or only certain mail folders (inbox, outbox etc)?

Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took to restore the image archive. Please also make a screen shot of all your steps, if possible.

Please also collect the log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains the restoration results. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the needed log;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.