Issue with PayPal payments via eBay

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Peter 123, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

I wanted to inform other users about the following issue:

When trying to make the payment of my order at eBay via PayPal, the login at PayPal did not work (yesterday and today):

The information from the support of both companies was not very useful but at eBay they are at least aware that the problem exists since about one week. Finally I found the solution (or at least a workaround) in a user forum of eBay:

The issue affects users of Firefox (and it seems some other browsers too) when they use certain ad-blockers. I can tell it from my own experience with Firefox (73.0.1) in combination with the add-on uBlock Origin (1.25.0):

You have to disable uBlock Origin directly in the add-ons list of the browser (for the time of performing the payment transaction at eBay). Then the payment works fine. :) (It is not enough to disable uBlock Origin only for the eBay-site your are visiting.)

According with reports by other users, the same applies to the add-on "adblock-plus" but this is an add-on I do not use.

The above information I found in the following thread in a forum of eBay (german language!):
    https://community.ebay.de/t5/Versan...ufabwicklung-funktioniert-nicht/qaq-p/4065175

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Still haven't fixed it? The problem exists from at least 21 feb. and is related to firefox but not necessary with ad-blockers (I had no addons installed).
    Had to use chrome to complete the transaction.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.