Isolating Removable drives with GeSWall?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by arjunned, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagisDing

MagisDing Registered Member

1.It will be more easier for the user to customize rules if the absolute path work properly. I mean many responses show that added rules fail when unloading or installing a new removable device.
    2. One of my fiends has post a thead in the official forum . But the gentlesecurity, u know:doubt: , seldom of experts just like you appear.:cautious: Hope Henk or Kees can give a perfect solution.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  2. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

is there a registry cleaner or something i can use to wipe all geswall remnants, cus i want to use it but when i reinstalled after that problem my whole computer went weird, all scroll bars had lines and some things wouldnt load

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

You can try regseeker to search all geswall enterier and delete them. But it might cause more bad rather than good.
    I wil suggest to try it on a fresh image/ system if you are having problems.

4. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

im not doing that, im ok, ill stick to sandboxie then
    i did run ccleaner but found nothing of geswall

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

This feature not working OK. If you create the rule and USB stick/ drive is plugged in, rule will work. Now if you eject the stick/ hard disk and replug in, rule no more works. Re-create it and it will work again until you remove the USB stick/ disk etc. It,s abug since previous version I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.