Isn't this kind of ridiculous? (Update errors)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nameless, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Try this...

IMON > SETUP>

Attached Files:

2. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Thanks, but the notifications I'm complaining about aren't related to IMON, but rather, update errors. (I use Infected email only for that setting anwyay...)

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

o_Oo_O OK - I don't understand - I thought that was a good answer to your question...

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I know what he means, but this is currently not possible. We are going to install a lot of new servers and increase the bandwidth signifficantly shortly, so these errors will be gone then.

5. nameless

I was asking about how to configure Thunderbird to automatically delete update error notifications when they are sent to me via email by NOD32. The response, while appreciated, addressed how to configure IMON-related notifications. Update errors and IMON scans are not the same thing.

I understand that NOD32 provides no way to prevent the update error notifications from being sent, but it should be no problem to filter them in the email client. I filter stuff all the time, and it's bothering me that this one filter won't work. I'm being careful on how the message filter is set up in Thunderbird--it's on the right email account, and all that--but it's not working.

6. Joliet Jake

Sorry, never seen anyone have that problem before, I get zero emails from ESET apart from informing me of VB Bulletin awards and that type of stuff. There must be a setting somewhere as everyone else would be getting the same type of email's as everyone gets the error messages in NOD's logs regarding the update errors.

7. nameless

Are you goofing with me? Are you being serious? These emails are not sent by Eset--they come from my local machine when update errors occur. Plenty of people get them (from their own respective systems).

Never mind! Thanks anyway. :)

8. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Maybe it's the notification in NOD32 System Setup you need to disable? ..

9. Joliet Jake

Sorry you see fit to take that attitude. Will avoid your help requests from now on if you wish.

10. nameless

That will disable all notifications, yes--but I don't want to disable all email notifications. I want important emails from NOD32 (malware detection, etc.), but getting several update error emails a day, from two systems that are encountering these constant errors, is annoying. The only possible solution right now is to let the emails be sent, but filter them at the email client ... which is what I'm asking about.

11. nameless

I didn't mean to take any attitude (not sure how saying "Never mind. Thanks anyway :)." really conveys an "attitude" anyway), but it is getting frustrating to have reply after reply (not just you) totally miss the point.

12. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

I know what you are talking about nameless, I recieve them on ocassion myself, normally something to the likes of:

Currently, as Marcos said there is not an option to just recieve mail announcing infected files, etc though.

13. nameless

Yes... But it should be possible to filter out only the update error email messages within the email client.

I give up.

14. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

Yes, I agree more advanced options would be a nice implementation, until then I have a filter rule setup in my email client to move server connection error mail like the above one to a specified folder and not crowd up my inbox. Works fine for me.

15. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I've never had this option turned on - I'm turning it on now on my personal machine - ie, the version of NOD32 that sits on my desktop... it's an admin version which updates directly from the Eset servers. Once I have some connection failure messages, I'll get back with you on what I suggest for filtering. I use Eudora as an email client, which has extensive filtering built into it, so I should be able to setup a set of filters to put different messages into different boxes - at least I hope so!

Anyway - my setup:

NOD32 admin version - updating from Eset servers
    Local mailserver in the office - collects my outbound and relays to one of our mailservers which handles our domain email
    Local email client: eudora 6.1 on my desktop

I'll get you some idea of what I manage to accomplish in a short while... need some failures to occur! ;)

16. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

interesting... I have my NOD32 setup in "silent mode" turned on - and server connect failures do NOT come through as emails - changed it to turn OFF silent mode, and I'm not getting anything still, even though I see server connect failures.

The test msg came though... wonder what else I have turned off/on which is stopping these messages about failures being generated...

hmmm....

17. PigBrother

PigBrother Registered Member

There was a change in update server availability or something else?
    Starting from saturday, I don't see any update error messages anymore. Which is nice. :)

18. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

3 connection errors during sat. Not much :)

19. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

only 3...lucky you..lol..

20. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's very unlikely that NOD32 could not connect to u4, I'd rather say no Internet conenction was established at that time.

21. PigBrother

PigBrother Registered Member

Still working OK, strange...
    I mean, is not strange because it's working OK :D, it's strange because it works OK only for me.

Attached Files:

22. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

...location, location :)

23. pykko

pykko Registered Member

well, NOD32 user, I'm from Romania also and I have many errors in my log.
    3 errors, one succesful update and so on. But it is set to automatically and it keeps trying till it gets the download or... I hit it with a hammer and the update comes instantly. :D :D :p

24. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

82.165.250.33. is the only one that's giving an error here? The other servers aren’t giving any errors anymore since a couple off days :)

Sweet talking towards the pc seems to help :D

25. nameless

Since starting this thread, the problem with NOD32 updating has gotten worse--from what I see, much worse. I consistently see "hard" update errors where an update is available, but isn't obtained in a timely manner because of connection errors. My log is packed full of connection errors.

Just this morning, there shows in my log an "Update attempt failure (Server connection failure)" at 6:03 AM (no retry), another "Update attempt failure (Server connection failure)" at 7:03 AM (again, no retry). Now, it's 7:35 AM and I'm out of date. And this is just one example.

Where are all these "new servers" that keep being promised?

I wish this had happened before I bought my 2-year license renewal a couple months ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.