Is xerobank XB Browser USB Portable?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by professormoocow, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. professormoocow

professormoocow Registered Member

Is xerobank XB Browser truely USB Portable?

Can I run it off a USB stick without installing anything to the host computer?
    I've been running Firefox since v1.5 from a batch file with the -p profile switch. With it I save my profile to the usb stick off of \Firefox_2.0_Profile. No surfing history or anything else ever gets saved to the host computers drives.

Does XB Browser place anything on the host computer? If so how can I get it to save it to a USB stick folder?

Ever will there be a truely portable version released in the PAF format (like those at http://portableapps.com) that installs directly to a portable USB drive and doesn't make any changes to the host computer?

Are there any command line options I could use with XB Browser?
    If so please post them all as a seperate post.

Also I had a devil of a time trying to download the program with either Firefox from the batch or Firefoxportable v2, and V3. Please see if it can be posted to a couple of FTP mirrors. I was doing all this at my college library. If I hadn't stumbled across a copy of "Opera-Tor" that didn't get blocked I could have never downloaded it. It's sure a whole lot faster than "Opera-Tor".

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Yes, you can install xB Browser directly to your USB drive with no non-superficial writes to your drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.