Is this XPpro legit, fraud or am I missing info

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zapjb, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

This is advertised on MajorGeeks.com. Not by MajorGeeks.com.
    Code:
    http://www.directdeals.com/itemdetail.aspx?item=e85-01892
    How can a copy of XP pro be $28.24USD? I'm thinking pirated copy or I'm missing some trick on their part. Whats the deal?

Btw I am in no way endorsing or affiliated with this site.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Looking at the site it may be legit. You can check with Microsoft's piracy folks(sorry don't have the number)

What it looks like for the most part is out of date versions being sold at a discount, unlike some of the emails I've seen where the sites indicate the business is in eastern euroupe, and they state in the fine print, no support on any products and you might not be able to activate.

I'd suggest if you see something you want, then call the software manufacturer and ask about the site.

Pete

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

The MLF disk kit seems to be for volume licenses. I've not dealt with these before, but I get the impression that what you're looking at is additional/replacement disks for companies that have subscriptions. If that site sent you a license it would probably not be legit, but they probably don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.