Is this the place to report a problem?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by bellgamin, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I was unable to upload an attachment between 4:10-4:25 PM Hawaii time (GMT -10 hours) today. I wrote a post, then clicked on "Manage Attachments" 4 or 5 times during that period. No joy. So I gave up.

It will probably be okay by the time you read this, but I thought I would let you know. Is the right place to report such info?

aloha..... bellgamin

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It is as good a place to report forum issues as any ;) . I have uploaded several images in the last hour so I figure that the problem must have been fixed. I hope that your issues have been corrected as well.

bigc

3. bellgamin

445PM - still not fixed. I can upload on my other forums (3 of them) but not here. Yes, I'm logged in.

4. bigc73542

I just uploaded this one about one minute ago. central US time

Attached Files:

5. `mishimasan`

`mishimasan` Registered Member

I also have experienced problems uploading images onto the Wilder's forums. However, my problem is that the IE crashes whilst uploading, and then the upload enters some kind of ghost-state, in which I have to enter download history for my posts, and delete the current "unfinished download" so that I can re-mount my image into the upload manager. This works the second time around, but before yesterday, I had never encountered this problem and hence my number of posts. It cannot be a coincidence... can't it?

6. bigc73542

I am curious as to what browsers you are useing. I am useing opera 7.54u2.

7. Me - Marja

Me - Marja Guest

I have been timing out alot here when replying to posts or uploading, I am using the new FF, if that helps?!?

8. bellgamin

I just tried the upload using FF, then K-meleon, then Int Explorer, & finally OffByOne. No go with any of them. Int Explorer acted like it was uploading, verrrrry slowly, but produced no image. Tried again & it timed out.

Repeat -- I have successfully uploaded to 3 other VB forums in the past 2 hours. I don't think the problem is with my computer or my browser(s). That leaves...

By the way, bigC, I thought you were using Netscape 8 beta.

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Testing a upload with FF

Attached Files:

10. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi bellgamin,

What kind of file is it, and what size is it?

Are you previewing your post before uploading the attachment, or are you previewing your post after uploading the attachment? The reason I am asking this is if you upload the attachment first, then preview your post, the attachment may not be posted.

Edit - Ok, I think I found the image you were trying to upload in this post, and it's only 21kb, so it is well within the size limit. It might be that you are previewing your post after you've uploaded the image. bellgamin, could you try uploading the image again in this thread but without previewing your post, and let us know if that works.

Also, this is an image that is presently on your system, right?

11. bellgamin

Here's another try. In case the image shows up this time, the point is to show that M$ Office's Mr. Clippy is still alive and well, and ready to help those in distress.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  12. bellgamin

It worked!!! Believe me, I did nothing differently. By the way, I rarely ever preview. Only those who make mistakes need to preview, whereas Ahm purfec ah iz. :cool:

Anyhow, I'm gonna go back & try to upload this image where it belongs. Thank yew, snapdragin

13. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

You are welcome bellgamin :D ....though I didn't really do anything...LOL!

Glad to see you got it working ok. And I'll cross my fingers it continues to keep working. :D

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.