Is this system specification ok??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by hossie, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hossie

hossie Registered Member

Hi guys,
    Few days ago somebody was trying to scan ports on my computer. The security which I have on my computer is

Anti virus Nod 32
    LnS firewall
    JV 16 as the maintenance tool
    spybot SnD

Is this system configuration ok or do I need some other software. Can any one recommend a firewall which is easier to configure.

Thanks and regards,

2. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

ZoneAlarm Pro. Why? It simply stealths your computer all over. The only thing that I ever get back is ping reply. But that is a router issue and was dealt with by configuring my router.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Assuming that your LnS rules are correctly done, you should be fine. If you are looking for an easier firewall I can suggest Comodo or Zonealarm, both of which you can get for free.

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

You don't really need to do much to configure LnS. Just load up one of the rulesets and enable the options that you want, and you should be fine. If you decide later on that you want to get into really tightening the configuration then you can look up what apps use what ports. At that point you'll find it's actually a bit easier to do than most firewalls, but it's not absolutely necessary if you aren't there yet.

As far as whether what you have is enough, that's really up to you. If you end up with a lot of malware on your system then you might want some more, but if not then you will likely be fine. If you're not already, use an alternate browser and email client. If you're not comfortable with what you have, however, then maybe it's worth checking out some supplemental software, as long as you don't go overboard and install several of the same kind of apps until your system grinds to a halt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.