Is this Set of freeware better than KIS?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by testsoso, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. testsoso

testsoso Registered Member

Comodo=the best Firewall availble for now
    Antivir classic=the best Anti Virus with the highst rate on detection
    Spyware Terminator=the best Antispyware on realtime
    SandboxIE=sandbox, real time surf protection
    Cyberhawk=HIPS

all are free and run well together.

does this setup offer better protection than Kapasky Internet Security?
    or any other Security Set, like Norton IS, Trend Micro PCC IS, ...

What's your opinion?

2. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Comodo is not the best firewall, it is a leaktest passer. But ok IMO as a firewall if it suits you.
    Avira Classic is not the best antivirus over all, but has great detection rates and I like it. It lacks email scanning for one thing. If you use only web email it should be just fine. Loosing email client's inbox could happen if a virus email opened. Avast Home edition is a much more complete free antivirus.
    On my system Cyberhawk and Sandboxie did not live together so well. I had set them start after reboot but sometimes Sandboxie didn't with CH. My memory could fail.
    Plus CH takes resources of CPU, not much, but still a bit, as well as any resident antispyware does.

I think your security setup should be just fine if it works on your system. Looks fine anyways. My comments are just what I feel and don't be scared of the little criticism I put above.
    Jarmo

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

No. The KIS firewall is highly underrated and has much better than overall protection that of Comodo. As far as the AV, as stated earlier, Antivir does not offer email scanning. Otherwise it is a nice product, especially for free. But it doesn't come close to matching a full blown Kaspersky product. I don't think you would even need the rest of that stuff with KIS unless you wanted to keep Sandboxie.

But as a free set-up you are doing fine. It is certainly a nice world we live in when you can get some good, free products. As with most, searching out and finding which combo of free products best suits your needs is not something everyone would want to do. And maybe that's why some people would spend money on some suite that offers less protection than what you have put together.

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

No it's not better than KIS.

5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Agree and yes i agree because i have KIS6 and have used all those either in part or together in similar fashion.

KIS6 is as complete a security suite meaning encompassing a wide coverage area with HIPS/Network Firewall/AV/AS and quite a bit other features such as detecting encrpyted URL's etc.

Did i mention it is so very stable and light as to not interfere with my system's performance in any way and believe it or not, i run System Safety Monitor + Snoopfree + Spyware Terminator (testing) + Kerio 2.15 (as if needed) + 2 Loggers running resident and my system flies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.