Is this possible.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by dog, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, :)

I was wondering if this is possible ... but nothing too Techy please :D

Is it possible to send an email or a word .doc to someone ... that will prevent them from modifing, printing, coping/pasteing and forwarding the message? (either the email msg itself or the attached .doc)

I use a email footnote to try an prevent these actions ... but I know of one case that this is not being abided by ... and just for further info if anyone asks ... the msgs are re: personal info that should not be view by anyone other than the specified receipents.

TIA ;)

dog - *puppy*

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

E-mail being what it is.sent all over the planet on wires fiber optics and satellite it is pretty hard to be sure someone other than the intended recipient isn't reading your mail at some point along the line.

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi BigC, :D

Yah ... I understand that ... the problem to be more specific is one of the receipents is doing these actions ... but I need to communicate with this person ... but I would like to prevent them from these actions.

dog - *puppy*

BigC - I can IM you and be a little more specific ... I just don't want to post it publicly.

4. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

DOG

There are programs I could suggest that would encrypt mail....make <exe> or <zip> mails...even watermark mail.....but I don't know of any program that will make the receiver of the mail trustworth.

5. dog

dog Guest

Thanks SnowGuy ;)

I'm using Diamonds "CS" for encryption ... So, now I have a wish list for a new proggy with the mentioned abilities plus maybe a self destruction feature ... to help those receivers be more trustworthy :rolleyes: LOL - any programmers listening :D LOL

Thanks

dog - *puppy*

Thanks also BigC, (post Below) we posted at the same Time!

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2004
  6. bigc73542

I really do understand your problem, but I believe once you have sent an e-mail and the other party has received it your control over that email is gone. It is a trust situation where you just have to trust the other party not to do anything with it you would rather they didn't do. I may be wrong but I don't believe so .

sorry I couldn't be of any help
    bigc

7. dog

dog Guest

Thanks BigC, ;)

I editted the my post above yours, giving thanks to you too ... I didn't want you to miss it (as we posted at the same time) ... n' think I'm not grateful. So I posted again.

Thanks as usual for your help 'n concern. ;)

Steve - *puppy*

8. bigc73542

No problem at all Dog, I am just happy if I can give someone assistance with their problems. Sometimes more than others but I like to try. So anytime I can help just yell. *puppy*

9. dog

dog Guest

Thanks BigC :) , … that was very nice of you to say, I am both honoured and grateful for your support and kindness. ;)

Sincerely;

Steve

10. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

11. dog

dog Guest

Thanks Pete, :D

I'm gonna trial that second link ... I'm thinking this technology will grow rapidly and be available from a host of companies one day soon ... it's technology that's need badly ... I believe by all.

Thanks again Pete.

dog - *puppy*

12. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

You're quite welcome. Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.