Is This Possible?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by beowulf1100, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beowulf1100

beowulf1100 Registered Member

Hi, I am thinking of buying Acronis True Image10 Home.

Please could someone tell if the below is possible or indeed a better solution.

Basically I have 4 computers on my home network.

The plan is to use an external USB hard drive connected to my main computer (which is on virtually on 24/7). Have this partitioned so each computer will have its incremented backup, backed up over the network to its relevant external drive.

I hope I you understand what I mean.

In the FAQ it states it they do not recommend making a secure zone on an external drive, hence the question.

Thanking you in advance for any replies. :)

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

You definitely don't want to use the Secure Zone. That would prevent the computers from booting when the USB drive was turned off or not attached.

There is no reason to partition the USB drive. Just create a folder for each computer. This allows a more flexible use of the drive.

TrueImage Home will only backup the local hard drive, but it will back it up to a networked drive such as you are planning. Since each computer must run TrueImage, a license is required by Acronis for each computer. Installing a single copy of TrueImage on all four computers would be in violation of the license even though it would work.

3. beowulf1100

beowulf1100 Registered Member

Thank you jmk94903 for the reply. Your help has been appreciated. :)

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello beowulf1100,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that for the situation you have described I may recommend that you use Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. Using this product, you will be able to install Acronis True Image Agent on the remote computer and perform backup/restore operations via Acronis True Image Management Console from the central location. In addition, Acronis True Image has a flexible schedule manager so you will be able to create a schedule tasks to back up your system periodically.

Please be aware that as John mentioned according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation to see how the software works on your computer.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.