Is this infected file in my restore?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SonyaM32, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Hi :D
    I just scanned with NOD32, and it keeps finding this one file, and it says it can be deleted, but not cleaned. I am wondering if it is in my restore and I should do the restore-off scano_O I have done that scan before with the directions on here, but I don't know where they are, can someone tell me where, or maby how I can find this file so I can delete it o_O Here is the info.
    It says it was quarantined, but everytime I do a scan it finds the same one.

File C:\System Volume Information\_restore{404043AC-9D15-419E-BEE6-189397015038}\RP209\A0031127.dll is infected with application Win32/Adware.Toolbar.HyperBar. The file can be deleted. It is strongly recommended that you back up any crucial data before you proceed. Object was quarantined. Unable to clean.

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Yeah disable restore, then scan again - If it still can't be deleted, restart in safe mode and scan again.
    That's how I would do it ;)

3. SonyaM32

4. SonyaM32

Ok, my brain isn't working today o_O Any other time I would remember.:doubt:
    I forgot how to turn off restore, it's been a while since I've done it. Could you please remind me how :D
    Thanks again!

5. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Star, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore. Then go to system restore settings.
    Cheers.

6. SonyaM32

Thank you! :D :D :D

7. ragnarok

ragnarok Registered Member

right click on "my pc", select properties, system restore, disable.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.