Is this a good combination for PC protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by duke1959, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Router Firewall
    Prevx1
    AOL Active Virus Shield
    Comodo Pro Firewall, (or a recommended one)

I am currently running Prevx1 and AOL Active Virus Shield together behind a Wireless Router Firewall, and would like to add Comodo Pro Firewall, or a recommended one. I feel by adding this it should give me a good final layer of security, and I can stop trying other protection software. I have fallen for Prevx1 after only using it for a few days, and have always liked using AVS, so I am now satisfied there, but I rad it's a good idea to have a Software Firewall if there is another PC on your Home Network, which there is. I just want to be sure that this is correct and if so that Comodo Pro or another Firewall is all right to use with Prevx and AVS. I know Prevx has some Network Protection so I also need to know if that should remain enabled if I end up installing a Software FW. I thank you guys for all your past help, and I need it one more time to hopefully finally satisfy myself with my PC protection software.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Looks good to me. Comodo is a great firewall. :D

3. duke1959

Thanks cheater87, I see you run Prevx with Comodo so is there any overlap there and do you have Prevx's Network Protection enabled?

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

looks good to me too.

as for the Prevx's Network Protection, I leave it enabled and it hasnt caused any problems with Comodo.

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

No overlap so far. Both programs run great. Having Comodo and Prevx make me feel much safer.

6. duke1959

Good to hear and thanks to both of you. I have heard Comodo runs fine with AVS as well, but I still want to ask if either of you have heard of any troubles?

7. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

AVS and Comodo should run fine together. Don't worry too much on the settings of Prevx1 , it is very compatible with other applications.

dja2k

8. duke1959

Thanks dja2k.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.