Is there anything that works like Shadow Defender

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by RenoKid, Mar 25, 2024.

1. logon

logon Registered Member

Fair play, please.
    In the world of children, perhaps.
    You finally got there, but it is not a "special case", it's just installing a boot manager.
    Why so much arrogance?

Maybe you don't yet know that the vast majority of "external" boot managers can be installed on disk (as in my case) or on a pendrive.
    If installed on disk they will have to copy "something" to "somewhere": you understand that, right?

If the disk is GPT then the boot manager will write that "something" to the ESP partition, because there is no alternative, you understand also this, right?

I have mentioned the fact that I bought and am using TeraByte BootIT UEFI
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/bootit-uefi.405427/page-10#post-3194455

What on earth is it you don't understand?

P. S.: I think (and I hope) that this is the last time I'll have to answer you that way, since it's not funny at all.

2. logon

logon Registered Member

One more thing.

Maybe you missed the fact that the boot manager setup doesn't last forever, but only for as long as necessary.
    During that necessary time the ESP partition CANNOT be in Shadow Mode otherwise the settings of the boot manager that is installed on the ESP partition of the disk will be lost upon reboot, is at least this clear enough to you?

After completing the boot manager settings I can also allow Shadow Defender to put my ESP partition in Shadow mode, since who care right now?

Sincerely, what I think you could do is to say to those who need it that there are very easy and quick ways to restore an ESP partition that has been in any way damaged or even lost, not necessarily turn to the Shadow Defender's "protection", but to one own education.
    Notwithstanding the fact that I love Shadow Defender and use it consistently for decades.

In my view it is certainly not through fear or blind IT-fundamentalism that a better way of computing is created.

3. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

Just a bit of information for anyone that doesn't know about this.
    I am not an expert or anywhere near to being one...and out of my depth in this area... but with people taking the time to explore things and pass on the thoughts that they are having, the processes and outcomes, this is what the forum is largely about and what makes it a valuable resource. Gone are the days when only small cliques of 'experts' in universities or labs were entitled to look at things
    Yes I'm happy to see people exploring the possibilities. I often read peoples posts and try to understand even if I haven't a clue what's going on. To me, it's all 'grist to the mill' and welcome.
    Even with a negative outcome we get to see why things might not work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.