Is there anything (life) after death?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Jimbob1989, Nov 18, 2004.

?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:D YUP there sure is but its not all what people think it is

Some go into oblivion no heaven or hell

some latch on to this world and refuse to cross over

some go to there heaven but that aint all cracked out to be what people think

some go to so called hell but its not fire and brim stone thats just something man made up to scare you into doing the right thing

hell is is kinda like a huge network of dark gloomy caves every one is naked its cold damp yet dry

if any one here has walked on dusty dry smooth concreate and its so iriatable its like when some one scratchs a chalk bord and your teeth grind cause of the iritateing feeling every step you take

no one aknowledges each other there all reliving in there heads regreats lost's and emotion sufering

basicly the feeling of dread sorrow and sadness

the devel is no man with a pitch fork and horns or a red cape

he looks just like a reguler person maybe more handsome then most he almost looks alien kinda like a cross between a dark elf from dnd and the elfs in lord of the rings

with anguler strange features

he tells you half truths and sweet honey lies

he dosent make you do anything but he missleads you alot in a charasmatic way

theres also a few things that still roam both hell and earth from the days of old

shadow wraths ghosts and a few nastys one creature hunts children and takes there last breath from them by suitting on there chest

thers all kinds off ods and ends

so yeah is there life after death yes and no it all depends on the person

for me i think ill walk into oblivion not because of belif or lack of but because i choose to

in hell the devill cant lkeep me

in heaven i just acept what ever

but oblivion i can finaly rest

no thought no anything just blackness what all fear i embrace willingly lol

well thats my belief

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

I don't know. One option missing in your poll, so I didn't vote.
    Only dead people will know, but they can't tell it anymore.:doubt:
    Reincarnation, heaven/hell, ... Who can know?

4. new girl

new girl Registered Member

Gee, I sure hope so - otherwise I am behaving myself for no good reason! :rolleyes:

5. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

I think your animating spirit is like all other energy in the cosmos, it can never go away, just be transformed. I think depending on your spiritual condition when you transcend (how honed and pure you are- and yeah that translates into how good a person you were) your energy either hangs together more as it zips to its next embodiment, or fragments consistent with your level of rotteness.
    If that energy is life itself, sure there is life after death. But if that energy is merely sucked into the meeting of egg and sperm, say, to create a new life, through an unknowable miracle some call God's hand, then no, I don't think life goes forward, but the energy still will... maybe to get captured for the creation of a new life somewhereo_O?? Hmmmm...

6. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

thats a question I'd like to know but as Eldar said,only the dead know and their not talking.

7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

One of the most inspirational books that I have ever read is Life After Life by Dr. Raymond Moody written, I believe in the 1970’s. He interviewed thousands of people who had temporarily been “clinically” dead, either through almost drowning, auto accidents, the operating table, etc. Almost everyone lost their fear of dying, they found themselves bathed in a loving Light, no matter what religion they were, that DID NOT JUDGE THEM, but rather the Light let them judge themselves; very interesting and inspirational stuff.

Gal, your description comes the closest to what I feel but I am trying not to have any concepts about anything including my first paragraph; want to have an open mind and not let any of my preconceived concepts ruin the experience for me.
    :)

Acadia

8. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

9. steverio

steverio Registered Member

Good comments to ponder here Acadia.

I think near death, out-of-body or spiritual experiences are very profound and leaves a deep impact on many people. Some say they are just delusions or the product of neural synapses firing in our brain. Personally, I don't think these experiences prove to us what the final physical death is like or that they are a product of someone's determination. Whatever the experience means to the person is what really matters. I think when experiences such as these happen and awaken us to greater realizations the entire meaning of death changes for us. :)

10. Mr.Blaze

yup god dont really judge you lol in actuality you stick yourself in that dark cavren place

aka so called hell

anyhoot happy holidays

11. Fire-Ant

Fire-Ant Registered Member

so what about mediums? They claim to communicate with the afterlife

12. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

NO!...Of course there isn't anything after Death.....It never ceases to amaze me the sheer arrogance of the the Human Being.....why do we think that we are any better than say an Elephant or a Cobra or a Dragonfly....do they have a life after Death?......We are all here by sheer accident...our Planet is here by sheer acccident....just because our brains developed faster still doesn't make us anymore unique than anything else on this Earth.

When I was little I used to tell my Dad I was afraid of Ghosts...his answer to that was "Never be afraid of Ghosts, if, they exist they will never hurt you, what you need to do is keep your eye on the Live ones"...

Because I lost my Mum from TB when I was 5, I always knew she loved me, so I was tempted to try and find her through so called Mediums etc.,....although they said they were 'In Contact', not one could tell me her 'Nickname' or my Sisters name who had died from German Measles 3 Months after my Mum.

It's a lovely wonderful thought to think that there's 'Something' at the end of it all but has anyone here truthfully had any member of their truly loving family, (other than in a Dream), come to them and said " Hey! don't worry it's OK"?.........

If your comfortable with the belief that it's not 'The End' then God Bless You...but one things for sure, one of us is going to get the surprise of our lives..... :D :D

Cochise, :cool:
    PS. Sorry if my view appears a little jaded. ;)

13. Mr.Blaze

:D lol who knows maybe there is a life after death for animals insects etc etc

you breath air yet you dont see it but yet at times you can feel it

some times you smell stuffs that arnt there but dosent mean they wernt there

well if you dont think theres no life after then there isnt for you perty simple welcome to oblivion

i dont see anything wrong with oblivion

in truth its just diffrent for every one there isnt a right or wrong or even an is

just that its what you want or need

pure blackness no thought no feeling of self awareness to a few select like ourselfs welcome it

why should one care about how others view life after death in the end you make it what it is lol

14. new girl

new girl Registered Member

Mr. Blaze:

With your very last sentence - you made all the sense in the world - something I sometimes have difficulty with in your posts - but I love them nonetheless, just for their pure entertainment! :D

15. Fire-Ant

Fire-Ant Registered Member

Sorry to hear that you lost your mum and sister.:'(
    I can understand you doubt mediums , after hearing your experiences.
    I'm however a strong believer of the paranormal, and do believe in mediums. Unfortunately, there are some that are false.
    I always think: absence of proof is no proof of absence.
    And your right: some are going to get a big surprise. :doubt:

16. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

"And in the End, the Love you take is equal to the Love you make." -- John Lennon

Also, notice the Emerson quote that I always use as my signature? ;)

Acadia

EDIT: Yeah, Mediums ... there's a sucker born every minute. Houdini and Randi have destroyed a bunch of their "careers".

17. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

very interesting subject,what do you think about them (mediums)I'm not sure but i have an open mind so I'm not saying there fake.thats another thing i would like to know-subjects like that really make you wonder dont they?I wish there was some proof one way or the other

18. ssgtmax

ssgtmax Registered Member

Or, quite likely, the surprise of your deaths! :ninja: Anyway, it's all a bit of a moot point. Unknowable & unprovable, whatever you believe. To my knowledge, no one has received an e-mail from "the other side". In spite of all mystic/religious/paranormal attempts to explain/understand the BIG MYSTERY, maybe Dr. Carl Sagan said it best. "We are all star stuff." Collections of carbon & hydrogen atoms (with a few other ingredients) briefly brought together in the utter randomness & ifinity of the cosmos. And into that void is where we are destined to return.

Given infinite time, perhaps we are just part of the greatest recycling project ever. :D :doubt:

19. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Absolutely spot on Blaze Mate... and very well put Max.........let us all make of our 'End' what we would wish it to be.....I won't say 'God Bless you all' because I don't believe....but Bless you all anyway, in whatever you do and wherever you finish up when your 'Time' comes.....for my part, if we all meet eventually in the 'Wherever', I won't be disappointed............ :D

20. steverio

steverio Registered Member

I would think there are a couple of ways to help validate the "medium" experience:

Hearing from the many others that have already done so and then try one out yourself. :)

21. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

You may be right steverio.....but just see how much information these 'Mediums' will come up with if you tell 'em you only pay on results... :D :D

22. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

nice sentiment Cochise :)

23. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

i have heard alot pro and con,interesting subject for sure,no doubt

24. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

whatever will be, will be sez I. Heaven only knows, if I make it there. ;)

25. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I hope you make it to wherever you want to be Peaches my Love....you deserve it......... :-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.