Is there any way to deep scan within files?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fict0n, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fict0n

fict0n Registered Member

The reason I still use KAV for right-click scanning and NOD32 for real-time is because NOD32 doesn't seem to scan within executables or other files and will only make a detection after the file has been executed- which is a bit too late for my own tastes.

For example: when scanning the Belarc Advisor exe, Kaspersky scans 100+ files, while NOD32 reports only having scanned 1.

I've set all of my options as high as I can.

Is there some sort of variable I can add or a tweak to do this?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It has a lot to the way they count files. Kav counts all files in a folder where as nod probably scans the same files but only counts the belarc folder as one. Amoung the other av's there are similiar ways of counting like Kav all file and nod in some cases counts folders as one. My trend micro internet security will count a compressed folder with ten files in it as One but it actually scans all ten. I hope this isn't to confusing.

bigc

3. fzxbeetle

fzxbeetle Registered Member

I also want to know about this. It seems Kav check deeper than other AV. I don't agree that it is only a "number" different. No sure but it seems like this.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Kav does have a good unpacker. But all av's count the files they scan differently. If I scan my comp with kav It scans a little over 260.000 files. Trend scans the whole computer also but the way it counts files shows just 170.653 but it scanned the same files Kav did it just counts them differently. Nod is the same way it just counts scanned files differently than Kav.

since this has drifted off topic a bit This will be my last post in this thread. maybe it will get back on topic.

5. fzxbeetle

fzxbeetle Registered Member

Well, You are right. :) They do count differently but Kav indeed check deeper than other. not sure about nod32 VS KAV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.