Is there any use for Registry Cleaners

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Huupi, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Yes here at wilders and some other forums we learned something about imaging for worst case scenario .But for people who don't care its dangerous to play with this stuff,i can imagine that after messing with registry you can't boot anymore so how can these people revert to an earlier register config.

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

If you can boot in Safe Mode, you still can revert back to the backup you made previously from your registry.
    If this fails, than an image program can save your bacon, which it did for me on several occasions in the past. :cool:

3. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

It depends how serious they messed up,you note i'm talking about THEY,not you and me,the lesser educated or lazier people, they tend to use this stuff indiscriminately and thats why they keep moaning about these misterious apparatus !!

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Most of us had to start somewhere.
    I confess, I also didn't know a lot of computers/software when I started.
    Did some pretty stupid things in the past, like adding Panda with NIS deactivated. My system went to a crawl. :rolleyes: :D

There aren't many people around who are willing to learn how to use those tools, but that's a minority. Most people I go to, don't know a lot.
    Just how they turn on their computer and for the rest they don't care much about it, until it's too late. :doubt:

If you don't know how to use registry cleaners, than just don't use them. ;)

5. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Exactly.

Install windows Xp and say Office and then check how much junk has been installed. If this junk is of no interest the forget about reg cleaners.

If on the other hand you like tinkering then (1) make a system image ( don't bother with system restore - a worthless pile of ....) and the start editing. If you do enough editing then you will make your machine unworkable but in doing so you may learn and anyway your image will allow you to restore your old system.

At the present time I have the following loaded:

(1) crap cleaner - an essential I would say
    (2) easycleaner - free
    (3) wise registry cleaner free
    (4) Amust - paid for
    (5) jv16 - paid for
    (6) RegSeeker - free - one of the more aggressive

I sometimes use Regvac - but I don't really like the way it removes things without waiting for me to give permission.

Certainly most of the above can remove things they shouldn't but so what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.