Is there any general solution to about:blank problem?

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Lanchi, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanchi

Lanchi Registered Member

Hi

I'm sorry if this question seems naive or stupid. I've been reading many posts on hijack problem about:blank after I've seen that happen to a friend of mine.
    I've been reading in a couple of different forums (3 at least). It seems to my like every answer is different. Does this mean that the problem can have many diffrent solutions? What does it depend on ?
    Is there any general solution to this? Why don't spyware, antivirus etc manufactors react and do something, is it so difficullt?
    I'm sorry for so many questions and please don't get this as a criticism. I am just curios and I want to protect myself (I'd like to help my friend too).

Thanx

Lanchi

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Lanchi,

There are several solutions but none of them seems to be a guaranteed success for everyone. In fact most cured ones come back after a few days that they have been reinfected.

If you look here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=162440&postcount=4

You will see that there are three steps in tackling this:
    - finding the hidden dll
    - removing the files and cleaning the registry
    - cutting off all possible ways of reinfection

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.