Is there al ist of Default PG Protections?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Little Mike, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Mike

Little Mike Registered Member

After much tweeking and experimenting with various "allows" and "blocks" for a variety fo programs, plus much additional application installation, I've gotten far from the default (installation) set of allows and blocks settings in PG; but, I wish to try to work back to a tight permissions scenario.

Is there a list default allows and block settings availiable so that I may attempt to get back closer to the default settings? Or is a re-install my only option to get to the default?

Best regards,
    Mike

P.S. I could not find a default list in the help files.

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Little Mike,

Welcome to Wilders!

You can return to the default settings witho0ut uninstalling/reinstalling but it will take away all of your additional settings as well. If this is okay then you should

1. Disable Protection in PG

2. Exit out of PG

3. In regedit go to the following key

4. Right click on the value "BeenRun"

5. Select 'Modify'

6. Change the '1' to a '0'

7. Close out of regedit and restart PG (don't forget to re-enable the protection)

Hope this helps

3. Little Mike

Little Mike Registered Member

Thank you Dan.

I'll follow your advice; but, I've learned from my original mistake, so I'll record what I have currently, before going back to default, so that I have a record of settings for the additional trusted third-party programs.

Best regards,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.