Is there a way to filter out IP addresses that wont resolve?

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by JustGene, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustGene

JustGene Registered Member

I see a ton of Ip addresses that dont or wont resolve. How would i go about filtering these anonymous IPs out? I assume they are up to no good. In Addition, Can I have a Remote with one of your technicians to help me get this thing set up right. This would be very helpful in learning this new very powerful software that we just purchased to the utmost of its ability. Thanks for your awesome product and understanding.:D

2. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi JustGene,

We are glad to hear that you like our product and tell us your interesting demand. In fact there is no such a filter that filtering unresolved IP addresses out. We, however, can use some tricks to do that. Please do as the following to have a try:

1. Open the IP Endpoint Tab (you will find all the IP addresses in this tab as the same in the Node Explorer).
    2. Click the column header Name to rearrange the list.

You will see that all resolved items are displayed at the top (or bottom) of the list. The unresolved addresses will still be showing but you can find all resolved one listed together.

Please try the above tricks. Hope it works for you.

By the way, you can get further assistance via AIM: sam.chen@colasoft.com

Have fun with Colasoft Capsa.

3. JustGene

JustGene Registered Member

Is there additional software we can purchase to help us do that. Some other product you make?

4. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi JustGene,

I think we should understand for what you want to use those resolved names first. Do you want to know what websites your clients visited, or something else?

If you need to record the website visits of the client machines in your intranet, you only need to go with the HTTP Log in the Log tab instead of buying another program.

By the way, simple filtering out unresolved IP addresses may result in inaccurate analysis result. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.