is there a way to disable a module without have warnings and a orange icon?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mantra, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi
    is there a way to disable 1 or more module without warnings or prevent the tray icon become orange(warning)

for example , i pay for my email , the provider gives me different layers of anti virus and anti spam ,nod included) , so i would like to disable the email module

thanks
    cheers

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can disable integration with email clients as well as POP3 checking in the main setup tree.

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

yes but @ reboot the tray icon warns me about i 'm not 100% protected

by the way are the v4 virus signature the same of v3?

4. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi,

To disable email protection in a way you're not warned about not being 100% protected, enter the Advanced Setup tree and go to Email protection > Email clients. Deselect the 'Received email', 'Sent email' and 'Read email' options.

Now, click POP3, POP3S and deselect 'Enable email checking' option.

5. LarryV

LarryV Registered Member

I did what Tony said but still have the warning, even after a reboot. By they way, the POP3, POP3S option box says, "Enable POP3 protocol checking". I unchecked it.

Oh, I think I found it. For those of us that had previouisly unchecked "Enable email client antivirus and antispyware protection", you have to turn it back on. That's the secret to Tony's technique - turn it on but disable its functionality.

Only problem is that it's going to be misleading when you look at the status and see that it's on. I guess what we really want is an option that says let me turn it off and don't warn me about it, but still show it as turned off.

6. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

I dont understand what is bad about have an additional email protection from NOD32

if you want, you can avoid that protection by keeping the feature on, but disabling functions or you can rename ekrnEmon.dll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.