Is there a projected date for Release?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by DoubleThink, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

A Manager in San Diego yesterday. I realize it is speculation but that wouldnt seem like an unreal time frame. You figure beta 2 will have a A and a B. Again, Vista is the issue for a lot of vendors and that is Microsofts hold up.

2. irrationalgeek

irrationalgeek Registered Member

Yeah I'm on that beta too, nice isn't it! I was very surprised how good NAV 2008 looks and works. :thumb:

3. irrationalgeek

irrationalgeek Registered Member

So around late November this year for NOD32 V3? Not brave enough to try the beta's, going to wait till its released.

4. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

Some of you guys need to get a grip. What is the point in getting upset about differing opinions re the 'true' definition of bloatware, whether NAV is a good AV or not, and whether ESS is 'light' on features - or not. Frankly, who gives a d*mn!! All we are here for is to report our experiences with ESS Beta, provide feedback / constructive suggestions, and seek guidance if there is a problem!

There should be a separate forum / thread for slagging each other off and wasting time. If I was a mod here I would ruthlessly delete the above crap and warn the posters accordingly. Shame this forum has degenerated to this level.

Incidentally, for what it´s worth bloatware is a term that can, and has been, applied to products that have too many 'unnecessary' features, as well as those that hog resources. There, I dared express my opinion - someone going to lay into me for expressing it?!!

Jeremy

5. SamSpade

SamSpade Registered Member

The Symantec-branded products, as opposed to the "Norton" brand, are actually a lot better: less bloat, more efficient, less drag on the system, and better results. I'm talking about the firewall and AV products. These are aimed at corporate customers, however, as OEM products for IBM/Lenovo, for example. Cost for renewal of the trial subscriptions is pricy, though. And for less money there are better products, like NOD32 and Jetico, for example.

//

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

The bottom line is,,,,,,at some point Eset will get this together, and create a hell of a suite. We can say all we want to but that is why I bought a license and dont even use it, because the day is coming and when it does, all of this talk will be poop in the toilet.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  7. jolli

jolli Registered Member

NORTON360 IS THE WORST PRODUCT THAT I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED.
    was it really beta testedo_O
    NORTON BASICALLY RAPED AND PILLAGED MY SYSTEM.
    TERRIBLE TERRIBLE PRODUCT.
    JUST LIKE LETTING A 400KG STRANGER INTO YR HOUSE... PROBLEMS

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

A reminder that this is the ESET Smart Security Beta support forum and the thread discussion should be about it's "projected date for Release". Please take all other AV discussions to our other anti-virus software forum.

Thanks,
    Bubba

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

About 2 months, and that is fine even if it takes longer to make it right. Timeframes really dont matter, it is the finished product that does. They have a great AV and it wil do people fine until the suite is ready.

10. blaine

blaine Registered Member

I never thought I'd be in this camp, but I'm no longer in a huge hurry for ESS to come out. I recently tried the new KIS 7 and experienced many problems with it. Makes me realize Eset releases beta products that are sometimes comparable to another developers final or gold release product. Keep up the good work Eset :thumb:

11. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

I just really wish Eset would release more interim builds. It's impossible to duplicate everyone's setup inhouse, thus the only way to see if they have some bugs truly licked or what bugs exist, is to get the product out in the hands of people for testing.

It's one thing to not be in a hurry to actually release the product. I can absolutely appreciate that, BUT, it's another thing to think you can squash all the bugs yourself, all in just a few beta builds. It's just not gonna happen.

I really think releasing beta builds more frequently, would be advantageous, but that's just me.

As an FYI, I had to stop using ESS because of the Media Share blocking issues the current beta has(I have not been able to get my Directv HR20 to see my PC's media, when ESS is running, no matter what rules are in place. Only shutting down ESS makes it work). I'd much rather be using ESS than KIS 7 because IMO KIS7 has become bloatware. It bogs my system down, to the point of almost being annoying now.

12. sangam

sangam Registered Member

do not see the need to complain for delay in release of the new product, eset may have good reasons, and i am also very sure that no effort will be spared to keep the current protection as strong as it can be, till then.

to me the current set of features are fairly adequate, to provide robust protection, & more should be added only if found essential, without compromising speed & accuracy. after all, all the old machines are not going to be discarded very soon, right ? so speed & performance will continue to command tremendous loyalty.

13. jolli

jolli Registered Member

SORRY BUBBA :isay:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.