Is there a free program to measure your bandwidth?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Comp01, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I'm looking for a free program that'll monitor my total bandwidth used (up/down) and will log it (IE: so at the end of the month I can see my how much bandwidth I have used.) Is there any program that can do this? (that is free?)

2. toploader

toploader Registered Member

might want to try emsa or net traffic meter

haven't tried them personally just have to suck em and see :D

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

6. tansu

tansu Registered Member

7. Arup

Arup Guest

I am using Net Meter for the last 6 months and see no alarms with either Avast, Anti Vir, Clam AV or Bit Defender so has to be a false alarm.

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

you should let Mcafee know, it's a F/P. my hex skills are next to rubbish, but i think it looks OK, can some have alook at it?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  9. tansu

tansu Registered Member

Sorry, instead of avast, antivir, clamav and bitdefender I prefer trusting in mcafee.

10. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i like to trust F-Secure, Ewido, TDS, TH, BitDefender, a², adema, aswclnr-1.exe, Stinger, Sysclean, F-Prot, KProcCheck.exe, Frisk, rkdetector.exe, Unhackme and the 15 scanners at Jottis. and then following the actions of the exe with Filmon, Regmon, WinHex and a packet sniffer

11. tansu

tansu Registered Member

Anyway:)
    I installed netmeter to another computer which is used for downloading only, and also protected by Nod32 2.50 only. Installed without any alert..
    Regards

12. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

really, when i said it was a F/P (false positive) i wasn't joking, or saying it to make me feel better. it was because the program is a great program and doesn't deserve that treatment. and i tested it too to make sure it is clean

anyway, i let Mcafee know i thought they were confusing netmeter with the virus netmeter.exe by Opistat. this is my email to them.

this is the reply Removed. Please don't post confidential support emails on the forum. Ron

so it seems they don't get an alert from the download. maybe you can send them an email to virus_research(at)nai.com quoting mine and their quotes to let them know how you managed to get your results? and what the results were? and which definitions you used and the scan engine too.?

quote this thread and go through the things marked in bold in their reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  13. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

The file is clean!

McAfee detects parts of this installation (self extracting installer) wrongly as a generic downloader.

14. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

UtilKit DLUL Meter v25012004

UtilKit DLUL Meter Free, powerful tool that helps you objectively evaluate your bandwidth situation. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connection. UtilKit DLUL Meter Free can help you identify possible sources of network problems, ensure that you dont exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your ISP, or track down suspicious network activity characteristic of Trojan horses and hacker attacks. The program allows you to monitor all your network connections or a specific network connection (such as Ethernet or PPP) only. The software also features a system of highly customizable visual and sound alerts. You can set it up to alert you when the network connection is down or when some suspicious activity, such as unusually heavy data flow, occurs. It can also automatically disconnect all dialup connections and shut down the system. The incoming and outgoing traffic is represented on a line chart and logged , so that you can always view statistics about your daily, weekly and monthly bandwidth usage and dialup duration.Since the www.UtilKit.com website is not available anymore UtilKit DLUL Meter free can be downloaded from our site .

http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=38&shownews=1745
    http://klitetools.com/screens/u/utilkitdlul.gif

DUTraffic - Powerful dial-up monitor 1.5 RC2 build 36

DUTraffic is a powerful dial-up monitor with an opportunity of record of statistics. Allows to start and close applications depending on a status of connection.Also there is a system of notices on change a status of connection.

http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=38&shownews=1515
    http://klitetools.com/screens/d/dutraffic.gif

15. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

16. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks for the help HB :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.