Is there a difference

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by frog_foot01, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frog_foot01

frog_foot01 Registered Member

Hi, I was wondering if there is a difference between spywareblaster and spyware guard. Or do they both do the same thing, just a different name?

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi frog_foot01,

Welcome at Wilders, :)

Quote from javacool
    The current version of SpywareGuard should protect you against all known versions of the targets currently in its database (a fairly large list). The current engine can even detect new versions of existing spyware - so updates are not needed as frequently (the database update we were trying to upload simply expanded the spyware programs it targets - no update was needed for the currently covered targets). But because spyware is progressing rapidly, an upgrade of SpywareGuard is needed (but the current version of SpywareGuard is still very useful and very good at what it does!). As said before, it is being worked on actively. I'm hoping for a release soon.

Regarding SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard - if you have both you should be covered against a very high percentage of spyware out there (just because the different methods they use are very successful). With the coming release of the next version of SpywareGuard that percentage should rise significantly.

Hopefully this answers any questions you have.

Best regards,

-Javacool
    End quote

I'll try to explain as clearly as I can.
    Both use very different techniques and stop different targets.
    SpywareGuard is a resident scanner that checks files being executed for any spywareinstallers and SpywareBlaster changes your registry so spyware activeX components (and cookies) can't find a place.
    Sorry for explaining it so crudely. :)

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.