Is there a better way?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FireDancer, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Hello,

I am useing registerd version of ATI 6.0 and am haveing problems understanding how to store a image once it is made. I have 4 partitions on my machine now and one partition was made for the sole pourpose of storing images. When I start Acronis up I go through the process of selecting a file or partition I want imaged, once that is done I become a bit confused as ATI does not ask me WHERE I want to store this image. I get a prompt saying that ATI does not recomend creating a image and storing it within the drive as it may become corrupt. This makes sense to me, so I go ahead and create the image and then
    CUT/COPY/PASTE to my F: Drive.

Why doesnt ATI give me a choice as to where I want to store my images? What am I doing wrong? It has to be my error, or maybe I have mis-inturpeted the read me files. Hope my post is understandable, any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    FireDancer o_O

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, FireDancer

I does give the choice,

In the Image creation window.

Click on in your case [F:] then you will see F:\ in the tib bar.

The one were you give your BackUp a name.

Or just type a diver letter [cap] in there always with :\

You do not have to type MyImage.tib. [the tib is added by Ti]

Just MyImage [name of your choice]

Hope you find this of some help.
    Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.