is the version 9 fully win7 ready yet?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by zfactor, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

just curious. and if not if i buy now will it be soon or when?

2. Caos

Caos Registered Member

3. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Not to be a pain in the a** but according to my tests this version, which actually are build build 8681 (29.07.09 ) using three dll´s from build number build 10081, are NOT fully Windows 7 ready. I´ve noticed frequent crashes, see my post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=253256, and also filed a ticket for that.

The mentioned complete build dated 07-31-2009 (build 10081) that is said to be fully working (except it cant mount archives in Windows 7) is nowhere to be seen, as far as i know. Caos, are you using that build? I am on Windows 7 x64 RTM.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello,

Drive Backup 9 SP 2 supports Windows 7 with the limitation of mounting archives as E-buzz mentioned above. Other than that, DB 9 SP 2 should be able to install, backup, restore, and provide the other major essential features.

We are looking into the known issue with Windows 7 and DB 9's drivers preventing it from mounting. Thank you for being patient and we hope to provide a solution soon.

Tommy

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I would wait for Version 10.

However, I'll need a backup soon after I install Win 7.
    So if Paragon is late, I'd have to look elsewhere.

I forgot to ask, on how many systems may the product be installed according to the license?

6. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

The license is for per machine. If you upgrade your OS, you can reinstall the software without breaking any license agreements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.