Is the Gap, getting closer

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by trjam, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Yes, well, in USA there are far more promos than in Europe, making the european pricing even more unfair.

I used the "official" prices from the respective AV sites for reference to be "fair".

I remember the first time that i read some American saying "Norton free after rebate". And i thought "What??! Free?!! What's a rebate?!". And i rushed to find on a dictionary what a rebate is. Well, i 've yet to see a rebate here. And the funny thing is that in USA , you can probably find an offer for ANY product , ANY time of the year. In Europe, to find a half-decent offer, you must wait for special occasions (Xmas, Easter mostly). Oh and there is no "Black Friday" or "Cyber Monday" and no store that sells AVs cares if it's "Mum's day" or "Dad's day" or i don't know what else.

So , we are even more euro-suckers to pay for such prices.

2. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Freeware really takes care of my needs, i have had commercial suites but they were promotional giveaways from different websites. I have long been a fan of avast and avira and now with even more freeware solutions out their, like fajo said, your need only pay for the features u want. But really I will pay for a good drive imaging program before I will pay for an antivirus app, and now with the built in Imaging in Win 7 I may not pay for that anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.