Is the backup times for TI 2009 slower than TI 11?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Red Ducky, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Ducky

Red Ducky Registered Member

I'm sorry if this has been already addressed. I looked and searched but could not find any posts addressing this issue. I hope this is it an isolated problem that one of you can help me solve.

I have been using TI 11 for over a year now with no problems at all. I could do a full backup of a 21 GB partition in less than 10 minutes. Incremental backups took even less time.

I just purchased TI2009 and I'm experiencing full backup times for my 21 GB partition of 30 to 45 minutes to the same backup drive. In some instances it has even been as long a 90 minutes. Incremental backup also take much longer then they did with TI 11. Is this normal for TI2009? Do I need to go back to TI 11?

2. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Registered Member

Are the compression factors used under the 2009 version the same - if you're going from LOW compression to HIGH compression to save space, that would explain why the 2009 version is taking that much longer. If not, then it is mindboggling that the new version would working at crawling speed... good enough a reason to stay away from it. Have you talked to Acronis Support about this at all?

3. Red Ducky

Compression seems to be the same. I have contacted support but no answer yet.

4. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Have you checked priority in settings options - it's set to LOW as default, I set mine to HIGH

5. Red Ducky

I re-ran my benchmarking tests and I am now convinced TI 2009 is actually faster then TI 11 and worth the upgrade.
    I backed up a 42 gb partition with 21 gb of data twice with each version installed and my result times were consistent each time.
    TI 2009 took 30.5 minutes and TI 11 took 37.5 minutes.

I was either wrong with my initial benchmark tests or I may be having other unknown problems with my hard drive; Either way I am convinced this is not an issue with Acronis True Image.

Thanks for the input and I am sorry I jumped the gun with the first post. :oops:

6. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

The cloning function is about 5 minutes slower per drive.

7. bperrybap

bperrybap Registered Member

What about ZIP format? Any tests with that? Just wondering
    how the speed and compression of zip archives compares to Acronis' format.

8. martymonster

martymonster Registered Member

I have found the backup times to be a little bit quicker.
    V11 took about 45 mins to backup my C drive (approx 150GB)
    V2009 takes about 40 mins to do the same backup.
    Compression does not seem to make much difference in backup time.

9. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Since ATI12/2009 works on hardware that prior versions did not, we can expect that it does not use the same set of drivers, and might perform diff on some hardware setups, faster on some and slower on others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.