Is SuperAntispyware still good?

Discussion in 'polls' started by jo3blac1, Sep 15, 2012.

?

What do you think of SAS active protection

1. The new version is good.

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. It's okay, better than having no active protection.

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. SAS active protection is very poor, use on demand scanner.

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. Entire SAS went downhill, it's complete piece of junk, get rid of it.

31 vote(s)
    54.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

Then your believes are simply incorrect.

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We keep a copy of our definitions in the main program folder in case the program can't download from the Internet to ensure you have definitions. MBAM stores those in the application data folder, so the size is roughly the same, they are just spread out over several folders.

And we are talking DISK SPACE here - on a 1TB drive even 158MB is insignificant.

3. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

We receive the samples as well, after the test. I can't recall a single instance where samples used for testing were included in daily packages before the actual test took place.

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Any comment on this from other experts?

I've scanned using complete scan and it's obviously faster compared to others (this is one thing that I'd like in it_). The boost feature really works.

It founds 3 threats. So, I decided to still keep it. I think it's still are good and can find something others have missed.

Attached Files:

5. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  6. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Let's be accurate here - 55% of the people on this thread feel that way - if you want, I can direct people that love SUPERAntiSpyware to come here and answer the poll so you can get a real feel for what the facts are - there are a group of you that follow and bash SUPERAntiSpyware on Wilders since the day I announced the product 8 years ago, it doesn't surprise me a bit that the poll ended up this way.

As for going downhill, here is another release we have done to greatly improve the product:

Version 5.6 - New Release

NEW: Completely re-architected definition database system
    NEW: Dramatically improved memory usage - up to 90% less compared with the previous version!
    NEW: Greatly enhanced product load times
    NEW: Faster scanning, faster malware detection
    Resolution of long-standing issues affecting certain systems
    Several critical bug fixes
    Heuristic/Smart definition updates and improvements
    Enhancements to the Worldwide Threat Map infrastructure
    Optimizations to in-product bug reporting system

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

The new release is impressive showing better speed and configuration. What's important to me is how affective it is stopping malware. I used SAS PRO for over 6 years, and SAS was once the holy grail of anti- spyware. I once rescued my Daughter's computer from a long list of trojans that invaded her system just by clicking SAS that immediately quarantined them all. Lately all it does is find data miners.

8. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    But here's the Benchmark for Hard Drive Space Usage...MBAM is the 2nd among the smallest that occupies HD space. :cool:

http://antivirus.raymond.cc/installsize.html

9. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I just downloaded the new version of SAS to try.

On the download page you will find "Today's Special Offer" where you can purchase SAS for $19.95. Before you hurry to take advantage of "today's special offer" before it expires, you might be interested to learn the the same "special offer" has been offered for over three years.

If you have a look at archived version of the download page from August 2009 from archive.org you will find the same offer (and you will find the same offer in the years in between then and now). The only difference between the offer in 2009 and today is that it was stated that is was "TODAY only" back in 2009.

Highly misleading methinks... Once again, when you are publishing a trustworthy antimalware software, do you feel the need to resort tactics we would normally only expect from publishers of rogue software?

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.