Is SuperAntiSpyware Legit?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by True Orient, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. True Orient

True Orient Registered Member

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Yes it is. Here is one thread about it. If you want to find more threads, just click on "Search" in the top bar of the page and type in superantispyware to find more threads on it ;)

Edit- you beat me to it. I'm working on my draw to become faster in this town, but it still isn't fast enough ;)

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Yes it is. They have a forum also and there is a free version also to work on demand.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Not only Legit, but runs nicely. I'd recommend it.

6. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi folks,

just wondering if anyone has used the Pro version?

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Me too.

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I would recommend SuperAntiSpyware also.
    The author seems to do an extra effort to detect and destroy hard-to-remove threats, which aren't always removed completely by other AS scanners. In the future these hard-to-remove threats will appear more and more, because the bad guys improved their skills also during all these years.

9. Peter2150

I am. 2 lifetime licenses.

10. Rilla927

Hi Peter2150!

how does it fair as to detection, resources, update often, playing nice with other programs.

The reason I ask; seems that every program I have tried so far had issues with resources or just not listening when you click on something (then you get so tired of it, you uninstall it), conflicts with other software/drivers.

Some of these programs I liked and wanted to keep, but due to those issues it wasn't in my best interest.

They offer a Lifetime license!

11. Upasaka

Upasaka Guest

Yes,I use the Pro version on 2 machines.

Never yet had any issues,it does its job well and gets daily updates.
    There is a good choice of settings to suit different needs and a live online "what is running on my machine" check which gives detailed information on any running process.

There is a support forum and questions are answered almost immediately,the
    company are very helpful and welcome suggestions and requests for features to be added to their program.

I have found them to be very open ,honest and supportive,which is why I upgraded to the pro version.

12. muf

muf Registered Member

I have used the Pro version on my machine. I say used because it is in the past tense. It worked flawlessly alongside ZoneAlarm, BOClean, Regrun, Cookiewall, Online Armor and KAV. I didn't stop using it permanently, i only disabled the real time function which again worked flawlessly. Light, easy and no compatibility issue's.

I only stopped using it's real time function because i also use the same company's SuperAdBlocker(SAB) which also has integrated within it the SuperAntiSpyware(SAS) real time function. The version of SAS within SAB is a dumbed down version, in that the scanning and option's cababilities are not as extensive as the one's in SAS Pro. But the real time function has the same detection capabilities and uses the same definition's, so i use SAB real time and SAS Pro on demand scanning. Oh, and this also works flawlessly. Both very nice apps.

muf

13. Peter2150

Hi Rilla927

I would agree with what the others posted. I've never had it detect anything, but then I've never had any of my programs detect anything, I guess I don't go to far afield on the net. I like this program cause I don't feel it except maybe a bit on startup. Since my daily routine is no risk I don't always leave everything on, but when I go higher risk you can bet it's there. I can only suggest trying it.

Pete

14. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

It's a great program in all the aspects!

A must have... ;)

15. Rilla927

Just want to say thanks to everyone for their comments. I'm going to give it a whirl.

16. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

basically what everyone else said, this program rocks. :thumb:

17. webster

webster Registered Member

I use it when i am cleaning HijackThis logs. It removes much more crapware, than any other scanner i know.

18. tansu

tansu Registered Member

It also makes a good job removing some of the Rogue Antispyware..

19. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I just DL, installed, and ran a quick scan. All went smoothly. No malware was found, but that is par for the course with my AS scanners.

It looks good to me so far. I am using the free version.

Jerry

20. nicM

nicM nico-nico

The title of this thread didn't surprise me, because I must say there are two details I do not like at all, about SUPERAntispyware :

It's name sounds very "cheap", and it's icon looks "cheap" too... :gack:

I'm sorry to make such a nasty comment, but with all the rogue anti-spyware apps we can find, I wouldn't have even tried SUPERAntispy if I hadn't see the first thread posted on this forum about it.

It's name sounds similar to lots of theses fake antispywares, and it's desktop icon is the SAME/very close as several malwares icons ,like Spysheriff for instance :

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/3454/spy9ld.jpg

But since SUPERAntispy is a very good antispyware app' (I did check it's efficiency during some tests with spywares - it does even detect some without to have their definition files! :eek: , which is fantastic for an antispyware), and is a "must have" due to this efficiency, I think it deserves a better presentation : a more "original" name, and a more nice icon.

I've talked with peoples who had the same opinion, on other forums.

Btw, I'm curious to hear about other peoples about this matter here :)

Cheers,

nicM

21. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

You are right, products with great webpage ussually suck. SAS looks like an exception. :)
    Fake products, like WinAntivirus, have great webpages, which trusted software can only envy.

22. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Sorry but... webpages.... what are you talking about here? :blink:

23. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Fake products have great webpage designers to easily persuade people (1-st, 2-nd, 3-rd).

24. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I agree. They must change the GUI.

25. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Ah, at least one person agreeing ;) .

I'm OK about the GUI indeed, the only two depreciating elements are the name and the desktop icon, for me. Give SAS a more "personal" name and a more nice icon, and it gets a better "identity"! :)

@TheTOM_SK : Well, I don't see your point o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.