Is Spyware Blaster Working?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ewebenterprises, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewebenterprises

ewebenterprises Registered Member

Installed Spyware Blaster about a week ago

I have it set for full protection

I do not see it running in task manager though and after i open it and try to minimise the program it says it is alright to close it and it is still protecting

I have had no alerts or anything and when i do a scan with other spyware scanners i find coolwebsearch and other spyware on my system

in order for the program to work do i have to have any java settings enabled etc?

How do tell if it is even running?

Thanks

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi ewebenterprises, and welcome.

SpywareBlaster does not have to be 'running' to have the protection enabled.
    Once you have checked the "enable all protection" then the killbits are placed in the registry to prevent spyware from installing and or running. See this thread here where it is explained a bit better:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=33699

The only time you need to open SpywareBlaster is when you are checking for updates. As of today's date, SpywareBlaster's database is at 2942 items listed for protection.

Since many new spyware comes out daily, you may have been infected with a variant not yet in SpywareBlaster's protection database, then you may want to follow the instructions over here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

And post your hijackthis log over in the adware, spyware & hijack cleaning forum.

Regards,

snap

3. ewebenterprises

ewebenterprises Registered Member

allright thanks for the information

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.