Is Revo Really The Best. I did a test on 4 uninstallers.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rodneym, Oct 24, 2018.

1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Not quite concluded. Although those tests with that one is appreciated and gives quite the overview of a particular Uninstaller.

Just like to add I fished out from my rarely used archives another type of (manual) monitor maybe of some interest.

Their website is been the same without change it seems forever yet is up to date and included Windows 10 in system requirements-the name of application is Sys Tracer by Blue Project-courtesy Bucharest.
    http://www.blueproject.ro/systracer/features

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Yes, possibly. Again, it all depends on your habits and how you use the system.
    I some cases uninstalling is necessary, and I can understand users who wish to try many apps.

Sometimes questions like these need answering, but it should at least be done by minimizing guesswork as much as possible.
    I have tried to be as transparent as possible.

[EDIT] Though I live in the neighboring country, I am not affiliated with Toal Uninstall in any possible way

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I'm not familiar with it, but looks interesting. I'll check what this app does these days.
    Thanks.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@Seer I received another reply from Joe at Mirekusoft.

5. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Thanks, Roger.

The thread is here, everything is in the open, I gave all the possible data.
    I also point to post #143.

Cheers.

[EDIT] The thread is a bit chaotic, as my testing popped up spontaneously, but that can't be helped.

6. NiteRanger

NiteRanger Registered Member

@roger_m

Maybe you can ask Joe to send the screenshot to you and you help him to post the screenshot here

7. roger_m

A new version of Install Monitor was released a few days ago with a long list of changes and bug fixes.
    https://www.mirekusoft.com/install-monitor-4-releases/#_Install_Monitor_4.2.984.0
    The new version was also meant to fix the issue where Zemana's driver was not deleted. However it still did not delete it on the Windows 7 computers I tested it on.
    However, Joe just released v4.2.986.1 which fixes the issue. I just uninstalled Zemana and the driver was deleted and no reboot was needed.

@Seer I would be interested to hear your opinion on the new version.

8. roger_m

I been doing some testing of the new version of Install Monitor. While it was able to cleanly remove Malwarebytes, when I tested it with Office 2010 Pro, after uninstalling it with Install Monitor, Total Uninstall found over over 7,000 remaining files and registry keys, which is not a good result.

9. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Unfortunately, I tried Soft Organizer and found out too late the problems it was causing. My ISP shut down my internet and after much time and discussion, I I found the culprit was Soft Organizer/HandyStartMenu. Seems it contains Sality ( an entry-point obscuring (EPO) polymorphic file infector. It will infect executable files on local, removable and remote shared drives. The virus also creates a peer-to-peer (P2P) botnet and receives URLs of additional files to download. It then attempts to disable security software). I say Beware! Had a hell of a time getting my internet back.

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

That thing (Sality) used to be a killer. As a Mod & Malware Tech online on a security product forum many moons ago it was a chore guiding folks who were able to get back online after restoring file associations but had feelers scattered all over their system. It's a nasty OLD file infector that is no less formidable today either. Was surprised to see anyone mention it. It must be in every AV's signature base from A to Z.

Sorry you got your taste of it from some program download.

11. roger_m

If you had issues with either of those programs, you must have downloaded infected installers, rather than the original ones. ChemTable Software has been around for many years and can be trusted. I just scanned the installer for Handy Start Menu at VirusTotal and nothing detected it.

12. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Or, Cox is applying a false positive some way? I can imagine that. I was really impressed with Soft Organizer, until I got my Internet blocked I wish I could use it, but I'm afraid to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.