Is Raxco going bankrupt?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by USAAlone, Jun 15, 2017.

1. USAAlone

USAAlone Registered Member

Hi,

Is Raxco going bankrupt? Not much is left to purchase on their website. Instant Recovery Work Station is not available on their site. All they have is the server edition.

TIA,
    Daniel

2. guest

guest Guest

The product Instant Recovery is available.
    And some more products: Instant Rescue, PerfectDisk, Perfect Registry, Perfect File Recovery, etc.
    I don't think they are going bankrupt :cautious:

Raxco.png

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Whether they are going bankrupt or not, I expect that all of the software companies that were famous for their defrag software have probably lost a majority of their business since SSD drives have come out. I think I was still running XP the last time I bought such a thing. It can't be good for them unless they can reinvent themselves with some other product. I don't hear enough about any of them to believe they have so far.

4. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Condusiv with its new Diskeeper 16 claims that it has:

"...Instead of “defragging,” Diskeeper 16’s newest patented engine ensures large, clean contiguous writes from Windows so fragmentation is no longer an issue for HDDs or SSDs. This eliminates the “death by a thousand cuts” scenario of many, tiny writes and reads that slow system performance and shortens the lifespan of HDDs and SSDs alike. Diskeeper 16 electrifies Windows system performance to operate faster than new with the addition of dynamic memory caching – using idle DRAM to serve hot reads without creating an issue of memory starvation or resource contention..."

http://www.condusiv.com/business/diskeeper/professional/

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  5. boredog

boredog Registered Member

I have been using Diskeeper for many years. Using version 16 at present. I am sure most of you know MS licensed a cut-rate version to incorporate into Windows years ago?

They also make SSDKeeper.
    http://www.condusiv.com/business/ssdkeeper/professional/

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Yeah... but... would you buy it? The default option on their buy page is the Pro version for $69.95. There is nothing this thing achieves that would cause me to throw out $70. It was questionable that these programs helped on a rotating platter disk, especially on Vista or newer.. They can't do anything worthwhile on a SSD drive. To each his own, but their sales have to be a tiny fraction of what they once were.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Disk keepe is off topic for this thread. I believe Raxco is doing fine. They do have an extensive product line, and are putting emphasis on Enterprise

8. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

I notice absolutely ZERO benefit from the latest so called Diskeeper technology.
    If you want to see a very noticeable improvement in drive performance, then try Auslogics Disk Defrag. Don't debate me until you've tried it. :D

9. Peter2150

I won't debate that this is OFF TOPIC!!

10. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Just received this Raxco 50% off all products code: JULY50

Dunno if it only works from the links in the email that contained it, but FWIW.

"Coupon valid on new licenses only and cannot be combined with other discounts or applied to past purchases. Not valid on renewals, Support and Upgrade Protection or Backup CDs. Good until 11:59pm ET Tuesday, July 4, 2017."

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  11. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

With the continuing growth of ssd's I guess they and other defrag vendors are seeing a decline in that area.

12. hawki

hawki Registered Member

They do have other products other than Perfect Disk including the new File Guard that appears to be a rebranded Zemana Anti-Malware Premium.

They also claim that Perfect Disk is compatible with SSDs - FWIW

13. Peter2150

Note also that many of their products are solely for the Enterprise market

14. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Pete- Is the common version for home users anywhere close to what we all raved over when FD-ISR was in full swing?

I really didn't mind the extra space needed but today's hard drive's capacity should easily support multiple snapshots if they use that same technique as before.

Like others I drifted away from them but do remember how really versatile changing in and out of snapshots were.

Oh, but also just came to mind, I suppose Secure Boot UEFI GPT Disks might not support as well if at all.

15. Peter2150

I think it does support that, but haven't' asked as it's not an issue for me. Actually nothing has changed. The only weakness in the home version is it's vulnerable to ransomeware, as some of it can see into the other snapshots. The professional version has fixed that. Only real problem today is speed. I can take an image incremental so much faster then updating snapshots, and same with restores. That has make IR obsolete for met, but their market is really firms with many laptops, where people don't carry spare disks or take images..

16. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I see. Ok thanks for sharing that.

Restores these days are rapid enough to switch in and out of anyway.

17. monkeylove

monkeylove Registered Member

18. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

19. monkeylove

monkeylove Registered Member

Raxco NL is "currently investigating the possibility to take over the licensing and support for the current products".

https://raxco.nl/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.