Is Processguard worth using?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ChrisP, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

My license for SSM ran out, but I ghave a license for Processguard. It it any good for todays threats / worth using?

2. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

I'm still running ProcessGuard 3.150 on my home computer. It has never let me down!

3. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

As a matter of fact, you just reminded me of PG and put it back on!

Of course it is still worth using. First , if something can't execute, it can't do anything. With the execution control that PG has, you are pretty much safe from remote code execution.

Also, since you have the paid version, you still have more defences, in hooks, driver installation etc. Ok, PG has failed in some POCs since then, but come on, most malware out there are likely to be simpler than those and PG will stop them.

Mainly i decided to use PG because i want a HIPS but want to use PC Tools firewall too. So, SSM .585 is unstable on my PC, Prosecurity 1.30 won't work with SP3, which leaves PG the only working alternative. (not an EQSecure fan).

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Processguard is an evergreen, it doesn't require any signature updates.
    I use Anti-Executable + DefenseWall, because I'm too stupid for ProcessGuard, SSM, EQS, ...
    I only had to upgrade AEv2 one time since 2007.04.28 (an insignificant upgrade) and the second upgrade is on its way (AEv3), that could be a more serious upgrade.
    All these softwares will work properly for a very long time, even when they have shortcomings. Fill the gaps with other security software(s) and you are back on the horse. ;)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  5. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I had used it for a couple of years but am now using AppDefend. ProcessGuard was still working though, but decided to go over to Ghost Security. Besides ProcessGuard you may want to consider something to protect your Registry.

6. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

That's exactly the reason I stop using ProcessGuard. I did not want having another application to protect my registry. I first used SSM and now quite happy with EQSecure.

7. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

One of the reasons I went over to Ghost Security. Not quite one program but one interface.

8. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

9. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

I ran PG full vers.\Regprot\WormGuard (along with AV and FW) for a very long time on my Win 2k tower. Felt very secure. Only dropped them when I moved to XP64. I am going back to XP32 bit and probably back to that very same setup very soon.

10. MDA904

MDA904 Registered Member

11. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Appreciate the heads-up. Have been aware of the mystery :ninja: surrounding the DiamondCS site for some time. The vers. of PG\Regprot\Wormguard are the most recent(?) but have had them downloaded and in storage long before all the questions about the current sites validity became a concern.

No money will be changing hands. Although I believe PG is the only one that requires $$ for the full vers.

12. ZZZ7

ZZZ7 Registered Member

Used it before and it worked well,but IMO Online Armor's program guard as part of the firewall is just as good,plus you get a great firewall. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.