Is Prevx good?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by truthseeker, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We hit a minor snag in one component of the new website, so, the release is pushed back a couple hours (still on for today tho). No one is leaving until it gets done :)

2. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Ahhhhh excellent!!!! My nerves were getting a little edgey thinking about someone possibly having a beta and not knowing what to do. That is, of course, all theoretical as we are not sure anyone even has a beta or one truly exists.

3. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Well I will be gettin home from work at about 3 am so things might have a whole new look by then. :D

4. PrevxHelp

I think many of us might be in that situation as well :D

5. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

As long as it's out before midnight (UK time). I shan't be able to get to sleep if it isn't :rolleyes:

6. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

Just putting the final pieces into place now. As long as there are no unforeseen bugs we should hit that deadline comfortably (*disclaimer: may be wrong ;) )

If only a certain someone would hurry up and send me some documents *cough* PH *cough*

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well, I am ready, just made a beer run.;)

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

What certain someone and what files, I can have Vito there in 30 minutes to correct the issue.:isay:

9. PrevxHelp

Uh uo... well... he's talking about me, but, it's not me that's holding things up, but I am working on a userguide which will be completed by tomorrow :D

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

all I know is I better see a download link for members here and a website before the night is out. Or I am telling the name.:cautious:

11. PrevxHelp

Haha :D Don't worry. I think things are back on track now :D

12. horseman

horseman Registered Member

Ummm - how can I say this: The new CSI that you get from the secret squirrel px url that just does the CSI bit but when you enter a trial license activates the new (I would have to terminate you with extreme prejudice if I revealed it here) heuristic enhanced ability realtime protection?

Well it's the new heuristic rtp bit I bent ever so slightly... :'(

However since my new test platform is a XP PRO SP3 VM guest running under a VM Fusion V2 beta on a Mac OSX 10.4.11 host this might be a tad pathologically extreme to get too excited about.... so I need to do some more sensible comparative testing on more conventional hardware running XP HOME/PRO natively.
    I've just un-mothballed the old testbed and vacuumed the dogs hairs out it ready for re-imaging. So I then either need to PM your helpfull CC Prevx colleague/alter ego for another trial license or as I think you're suggesting with an imminent public Beta - wait and see? :shifty:

13. PrevxHelp

Ah ok, well, no heuristic is perfect and it is highly dependent on many factors. Feel free to email me or PM me here so we can do some tests to see what went wrong and how to improve it. :)

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Ok, I have been quite long enough, and did do a beer run. Yes there is a new Prevx product being released, tonight:rolleyes: , I hope, but this I will say. You can make all the claims you want but we all know one thing, any product released at Wilders is run through the car wash and back very quickly. We all know that. If it works, we know it quick, if it has issues, we know it quick. Wilders has some of the most astute testers in the world. That being said, the new Prevx has been tested with some of the worst malware out there, by some very good people. Me? Give me a break. I cant spell DOS-Prompt. But it literally kicked ass.

No, I am not a expert, nor are you horseman, after reviewing your previous 10 posts and following you back a few years. So here me well when I say, leave it to the people here who can beyond a shadow of a doubt, say Prevx has risen from the dead and created a product that is worthy of consideration. And that my friends, is what the new Prevx Edge offers. The marriage of CSI and Prevx 2 but with some heuristic abilities that will astound you.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

15 minutes and this thread is dead and a new Prevx arises to be heard and addressed. Enough BS, you want something that actually works and is light, then get ready because here it comes my friends.:thumb:

16. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Right on schedule, this thread can be closed please.

18. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Bada Boom! Another Explosive tool available to blow malware to bits!
    Great Job! Nice site upgrades as well...

19. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Do feel the OP had his question answered ??
    Only took 22 pages & 500 posts !
    :D
    :D

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

do you? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.