Is Pc-Cillin good?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by alvd, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

like most things? lol :p $$$$$$

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I can... ;) :D

Cheers :D

3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Firecat is right; I use NOD32 now.

The main reason, by far, is that I am totally and irreversibly disgusted with all security software right now, and NOD32 is the only one I've ever seen that stays the $#@!% out of my face, without grinding my system to a halt for no apparent reason, or drastically slowing down everything from opening a file to even perusing the Start menu.

I got tired of every "security" application causing me more stability and performance problems than any malware I've ever encountered. What will protect me from the protectors?

But I have to admit that Eset's customer responsiveness (where submissions are concerned) lags far behind Kaspersky. (They generally don't give replies at all, even if your submission is new, previously-undetected malware.) I guess they have fewer people.

4. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi Nameless strange Pc cillian..suite gave me no problems at all I never noticed it was ther except updateso_O. Nod 32 on the other hand.was ok 2..few glitches..with email...But for the novice user a nightmare to set up!! I used blackspear's posts..followed them and then ran like hell..lol minimised it never touched it since?...I't freaks me that interface i hide it..lol..Now as for Eset's replys..I thought they where brilliant..I emailed and within 4minutes i sware? i had a email chat goingo_O I was in total shock..normally they take weeks..With Pcc cillian i got the same perhaps its an australian thing i dunno!! ANyhow I know its frustrating with all them options..regards MD o_O o_O

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I'm using ArcaVir here; and I love everything about this product. I love its features, its performance, its interface.....I'm so happy Mariusz gave me this license!

THANK YOU STORMBYTE :)

<I tried BD....seemed a bit heavy. After trialing NOD I will decide>

6. starlight

starlight Registered Member

Maybe because of the "Micro" that's in the name ;)

7. Firecat

I would guess that Hotmail uses Trend because its easy to deploy and is cheap and also offers nice features (even if they dont perform very well) for the price.

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Just my experience and personal opinion. Trend Micro has been around a long time and they have always produced a good product. Depending on who's av testing you are looking at delegates how well an av detects. If you don't like the results of a test just go to another one, you will be able to find a test that will make the av of your choice look good or look really bad. The bottom line is if it works well for you then that is the av you want. I have in the past used pc-cillin several different times and am useing trend micro internet security 2005 now. Considering the actual malware that I am likely to run into I trust TM as much as I do nod or kav. Tm has good detection rates and decent hurestics also. Of course there is always the chance of getting infected with any antivirus, but I never have been infected by an e-mail or internet based virus except once and that time I happened to have my av turned off (not smart) The blaster worm got me :doubt: . If you use an updated av and use a little common sence the chance of becoming is really reduced.

bigc

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

actually contrary to the here say I have been reading here, Trend Micro does perform well and always has.

bigc

10. Firecat

Except for trojans and unpackers (though unpack ability is improving), PCC has a nice package. Firewall is not bad either :)

11. pc-cillin2002.key

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.