Is NODv3 conflicting with SSM?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by act8192, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

XP home SP3
    SSM 2.0.8.585
    Kerio 2.1.5
    NOD32 3.0.672 installed just few days ago after uninstalling NOD 2.7.
    Ever since that NOD v3 installation I cannot get into SSM via its icon because it falls into a "ssm encountered a problem, send us error report". It's not sending. When I close it all up SSM icon goes away. It also goes away from ProcessExplorer.
    Sometimes when I restart SSM and the icon returns to the system tray, the icon vanishes and so does the process. No it's not a hidden icon. It's supposed to be there. Under NOD 2.7 SSM icon did not vanish.
    Is there a known conflict by any chance? I really need to get into SSM. How?

There is a somewhat related thread
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=190393&highlight=ssm
    but I'm not sure what it's telling me. That thread seems to be trying to protect Eset GUI.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello act8192,

If SSM runs a real time scanner then it will conflict with NOD32 v3.0. Running more than 1 AV software on your system at the same time will cause problems.

Thank you,

Richard

3. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Thanks for your attention.
    I'm not sure what you mean by real time protection in this context.
    SSM watches applications, I actually am not watching modules. SSM is not an AV product, and it never interfered with Antivir nor NOD v2.

That said, there was a simple solution. I uninstalled SSM, so only NOD was left. Then I reinstalled SSM back and haven't seen any problems.
    So it appears to me that SSM needs to be installed after NOD v3.

No conflicts to date. About two weeks now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.