Is NOD32 safe enough?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by profhsg, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I have been using NOD32 for a year now, and have never had a problem. However, tests such as the ones at AV Comparatives, seem to suggest that NOD32 has less abililty to catch malware than say KAV 5.0 (which I also have a licensed version of). I do supplement the the NOD32 with BO Clean, LooknStop firewall (and sit behind a wireless router), and keep the NOD32 set at Blackspear's recommended settings (except I don't use deep heuristics--find too many false positives with that turned on). I do try to be careful where I surf, but occasionally accidentally wind up on a questionable site (usually because I mistype the URL).

I guess my question would using something like KAV 5.0 make me safer to make a real difference in the real world?

My strong preference is for NOD32 because of its light footprint its configurability (compared to KAV 5.0) and because it's cheaper to renew than KAV 5.0. However, if there is a significant difference in safety, those reasons would not be enough for me to stick with NOD32.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

4. ?Profhsg

?Profhsg Guest

Thanks for the responses. I do feel reassured especially because I also run Spyware Blaster, Spybot and Ad Aware to help stop spyware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.