Is NOD32 as good as they say?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Triple Helix, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I would run it on the servers - with ONE of them running an update mirror for your local machines to sync their AV definitions files from.

If you have one of the 2k3 machines running as a domain controller, then you may also want to run the remote administrator on another (possibly the same machine as the update server. This will allow you to monitor the AV protection on all machines (servers and workstations) - and push installs to newly added machines.

yes - we use it this way.

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long

2. Mrpush

Mrpush Guest

I'm very confussed about something. If I get NOD32 for MS exchange, I have to pay per mailbox. This makes no sense to me. If NOD32 is scanning the entire machine anyway, then who would I need to pay for all my mailboxes?

Anyone comment on this?

Thanks,

MP

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

The MS Exchange server version will hooking to MS Exchange I think (not having sold or implemented the Exchange version) - and scan email BEFORE it reaches the user's machine.

With hosted exchange and the exchange web interface which can be accessed from any company globally, this would be essential I think.... but if you have each desktop running NOD32, you technically don't NEED to have an exchange server version... but if you use the hosted exchange features, it would be highly advisable... at least in my opinion.

You don't want to give viruses a foothold... having both exchange covered ANY the desktops would ensure you have all your bases covered.

hth

Greg Hewitt-Long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.