Is my setup good enough?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Antimalware18, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sully

Sully Registered Member

True. But if you want them to experiment and "learn the ropes", maybe it be best they have thier own environment to do so. AKA not on your network ;) My kid learns quickly, but I don't really want to clean up all the pcs in the house from his "experiment" if you catch my drift lol.

Sul.

2. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I'm a big fan of freedom and compromise. Give them the freedom they want on one computer (with minor non-intrusive tweaks/setup) and another computer for private use (hardened for banking, taxes, etc.). Who says you can't have both? As I mentioned in another thread, I ended up making a wager with my parents that if they wrecked their computer again they would have to concede and let me manage their computers. It didn't take long for them to get in pretty deep and now the compromise of running two computers went a long way to breaking their resistance. People need to the freedom to burn themselves every once and while. It builds character and humility. Both go a long way in being open minded.

3. Great statement! People do need the freedom to get burned, you learn very quick that way. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.